Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-21 Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT (Hart starts at 1B) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 14 innings]

With Wolf sucking so badly, it would be nice to have a new face back there for him. Even if he still sucked anyway, at least Luc is swinging a hot bat and could help provide some run support. Down 3-0 and counting already is a bad situation to be in against Bumgarner.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So straight from the mouth of Lucroy--"I planned on having today off and it's a good thing. After catching the last four with a bunch of day games, I need the day off. Hopefully I can pinch hit later....I'm just happy to be healthy and in the lineup"

Can we stop bashing on Roenicke for giving the day off when even Luc admits he needed the day off?

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

So straight from the mouth of Lucroy--"I planned on having today off and it's a good thing. After catching the last four with a bunch of day games, I need the day off. Hopefully I can pinch hit later....I'm just happy to be healthy and in the lineup"

Can we stop bashing on Roenicke for giving the day off when even Luc admits he needed the day off?

The bashing isn't because he's getting a day off. It's because the day off is always when Wolf pitches, regardless of the opposing pitcher. Kottaras should not face lefties. He can get the day off tomorrow against the righty.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

What do you expect him to say? He's not gonna throw Roenicke under the bus for not playing him. The point is that his day off is against a LHP only because Wolf is starting. He could've taken tomorrow off against the RHP, and then gone back in Wednesday against the LHP.

I'm not bashing RR but this quote from JL really means nothing. He isn't going to 2nd guess his manager on TV.

Wow Wolf is just awful this year.

Not really true. 2 really bad starts, 6 okay-to-good starts heading into tonight. Going to be digging out of that ERA for awhile, though.

Disagree. As far as this season goes, he's every bit as bad as his soon to be 7+ ERA and 1.9+ WHIP would indicate. In his defense, the defense ain't doing him any favors this inning. But I'm sure Ricke will make up for that embarrassing gaffe with a stellar at bat in the bottom of the inning.

So Kottaras should have obviously started yesterday so Luc could catch today. A good manager would start Lucroy with Wolf just to prove to Wolf that he doesn't make lineup decisions.

I tend to think that Roenicke is trying to help Wolf get comfortable in his starts to get the best outing from him as possible. Catchers need more days off than regular position players, makes a lot of sense to do it on a regular rotation.

edit--and now Rock says almost the same exact thing, making me re-think my logic

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

So Kottaras should have obviously started yesterday so Luc could catch today. A good manager would start Lucroy with Wolf just to prove to Wolf that he doesn't make lineup decisions.

I tend to think that Roenicke is trying to help Wolf get comfortable in his starts to get the best outing from him as possible. Catchers need more days off than regular position players, makes a lot of sense to do it on a regular rotation.

It doesn't make sense to sit a catcher the caliber of Lucroy once every 5 games. He can play more than that, especially with scheduled off days mixed in. Luc should be catching 135-140 games. That won't happen with this setup. Take a look at good catchers like Yadier Molina. 140, 136, and 139 starts the last 3 seasons. That's what Luc should be doing. Not the 120-125 or so Luc will end up getting, because he'll end up sitting some day game after night games too in certain situations.

Better AB for Weeks than what we've been seeing. Didn't chase out of the zone, made good contact (not a weak grounder or infield flyball), 0-for-1 anyway. Process is important, results will follow.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I just can't imagine almost anybody being worse at the plate than Izturis right now.

Jeff Bianchi doesn't excite me very much, but he almost has to be better than Izturis. I can't believe we're watching a guy that projects to finish with a .250 wOBA start at SS. That's horrendous.

Archived