Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-21 Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT (Hart starts at 1B) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 14 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/giants.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 21 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Giants (21-20) | Brewers (17-24)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/giants/bumgarner-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/wolf-09.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]5-3, 3.10 ERA, 1.11 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Bumgarner owns a 2-2 record with a 3.70 ERA in four road starts. Outside of Arizona, those figures improve to 2-0, 1.26. In a 33-start stretch dating back to his first win last season, he's 18-10 with a 2.98 ERA.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-4, 6.38 ERA, 1.80 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Giants | Game Log[/h3][h3]In three May starts, the 35-year-old lefty is 0-2 with a 5.63 ERA. He held the Cubs scoreless through six innings on May 11, only to end up with a no-decision in an 8-7 Brewers win.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Gregor Blanco
  2. SS Brandon Crawford
  3. LF Melky Cabrera
  4. C Buster Posey
  5. 1B Brett Pill
  6. 3B Joaquin Arias
  7. RF Nate Schierholtz
  8. 2B Charlie Culberson
  9. LHP Madison Bumgarner

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 1B Corey Hart
  2. RF Norichika Aoki
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. CF Carlos Gomez
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. C George Kottaras
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. LHP Randy Wolf

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a joke that Lucroy isn't starting. If you wanna rest, give him the rest tomorrow. He needs to be in the lineup against Bumgarner and Zito. Love Hart at 1B though. I hope he sticks there. Gomez in the 5 hole is weird, but I'd guess he'd normally be in the 7 hole if Lucroy was in there. Fine by me.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Wolf is paid to pitch no matter who's doing the catching. He's not being paid to fill out the lineup card. Roenicke needs to man up and make it clear that he makes out the lineup. As for Hart moving to 1B, why does that have to be permanent? Aoki's no more a proven everyday major leaguer than is Ishikawa. Some days it makes sense to play Aoki. Others it makes sense to play Ishikawa for an additional power threat. If that means Hart has to rotate between RF and 1B, so be it. Others just as accomplished as him have handled that situation.

That lineup will be lucky to score 2 runs. It doesn't even use Kottaras' best skill, working walks. Bumgarner can walk him all night with Izuturis and Wolf behind him. With Gomez and Weeks behind Ramirez, don't expect Aramis to get anything to hit either.

Been reading the site forever and finally decided to start posting.

I normally don't get too worked up over the lineup, but the constant catering to Wolf is maddening to me. If it works out and we are facing a righty, that is fine. However, Kottaras should not be facing a lefty, just because Wolf is on the mound...especially considering how Lucroy has been hitting.

This matchup is exactly what I was talking about when I asked in the 1st base solutions thread if Lucroy could play 1st. Not that I am mad that Hart is in there but Luc is so hot right now.

Also, I am thrilled where Gomez is batting tonight (not 2nd) I think he will have a good game tonight.

I get why Roenicke wouldnt want to wake up this morning and tell Wolf he's switching his catcher, but Ive been saying for the longest time that Wolf needs to learn to work with Lucroy.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

What a joke. Lucroy's our hottest hitter and we're facing a lefty, but we have to start Kottaras because Wolf is a diva.

On top of that Wolf sucks anyway!

On top of that, where is Green? Rickie needs some more pine time. Sitting the guy for one day solves nothing.

RR is a dweeb.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Gomez batting 5th against a RHP isn't terrible. It's probably not ideal, but it's not terrible. .800+ OPS against lefties over the past year and change.

Kottaras starting against a LHP is a valid complaint. Kottaras starting when "Lucroy is hot!!" isn't. Lucroy's been hot for over a month. A day off isn't going to hurt him.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Its frustrating when you make all these considerations for Wolf and he gets shelled in the first inning.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Wow Wolf is just awful this year.

Not really true. 2 really bad starts, 6 okay-to-good starts heading into tonight. Going to be digging out of that ERA for awhile, though.

The quality start is a very flawed statistic but Wolf only has two of those. I don't really consider 5 IP and 3 R or 6 IP and 4 R an okay to good start as it puts you on pace for more than a 5 ERA, which is not good or okay.

Agreed. We know what we have in Wolf...it's not very good any more....lets see what we might have in Peralta. If I'm going to lose I'd rather do it with a guy with some upside.

I'm not giving up on this season, but I would like to see what Wily Peralta looks like in the starting rotation.

Archived