Brewer Fanatic

Vinnie Chulk DFA'd; LH reliever Juan Perez the choice from Nashville

Mass Haas

LHB's are hitting just .219 vs Perez, while RHB's are hitting .283 vs Perez, in the small sample of his MLB experience.

Will Roenicke be smart enough to never, ever let Perez pitch to a RHB? I'm guessing no. But would be thrilled to be wrong

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

that's a 20 inning sample size you're talking about, so it's a little bold to make that proclamation.

BUT, if that is true, it depends on if he's going to be used in moderate to high leverage situations. If he's pitching in the 7th inning of a tied or close game, then hopefully its just to face a LHB. If he's going to fill the Vinnie Chulk role of "hey, we're already down by 4 just try to not make it 8" (and in the case of Chulk, fail) and be used so we don't waste innings of "good" relievers.....then it's no big deal.

I expected Perez up even sooner. He might've made it out of Spring Training if he hadn't suffered a collapsed lung. LOOGY's aren't that necessary when you're down five runs every game, but hopefully they'll start playing better soon and Perez is a decent situational reliever.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Will Roenicke be smart enough to never, ever let Perez pitch to a RHB? I'm guessing no. But would be thrilled to be wrong

He still keeps putting Loe out there against lefties...especially big hitting lefties.

He still keeps putting Loe out there against lefties...especially big hitting lefties.

The main reason for that has been the lack of a good LOGGY for the better part of the this season and last. He pulled him for Perez with lefties due up already today.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

While I like this move, it does leave us with one LOOGY and two ROOGY's, meaning that we burn through the pen pretty quickly. I think Dillard's gotta go, and the best move would probably be to bring up Peralta as the #5 and move Estrada back to the 'pen.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

While I like this move, it does leave us with one LOOGY and two ROOGY's, meaning that we burn through the pen pretty quickly. I think Dillard's gotta go, and the best move would probably be to bring up Peralta as the #5 and move Estrada back to the 'pen.

I agree, Dillard has to go. Estrada going back to the pen is the best move, but I'm not opposed to trying Henderson or Kintzler once he's ready.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Keep throwing them at the wall. Maybe one will stick. I miss Melvin's ability to build a scrap heap bullpen that was relatively effective.

I don't agree that he had the ability to assemble a full (or close to it) bullpen with this strategy -- every once in a while he'd uncover a guy or two that'd have limited success, but the problem with this 'strategy' is that it really isn't one. It's just hoping you get lucky with inconsistent performers.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived