Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-20 Twins (Marquis) at Brewers (Greinke), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 16-4; Lucroy 2 HR, 7 RBI]

Poor 21 game contestant. So close to 5 grand. Its funny reading the early game comments when you already know what happened on a game like this.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fun win today, hopefully it gets something going for this team.

Yeah, usually once a one-sided slugfest gets out of hand, I tend to think such conservative thoughts as "hey, save some offense for the rest of the season." However, the Brewers had lost EVERY Sunday Plus game of the year prior to this Sunday's game, so I made a conscious choice to enjoy the whole thing.

The cool thing about this game was the redemption of my top three current Brewer fan crushes (in alphabetical order): Greinke, Hart and Lucroy. Thanks, guys.

Also, by now the mere mention of the Milwaukee Brewers must be about enough to put Jason Marquis in the corner in a fetal position. Some of you know that the hawing household happened to be in DC when the Brewers last faced (and last pounded) Marquis, so I wasn't completely surprised to see it happen again. At least this time there could be no Counsell Crush.

Most interesting retro jersey seen at this game: a pinstriped Kevin Seitzer jersey that looked way too pristine to be game-worn.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived