Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-20 Twins (Marquis) at Brewers (Greinke), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 16-4; Lucroy 2 HR, 7 RBI]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/twins.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 20 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Twins (14-26) | Brewers (16-24)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/twins/marquis-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/greinke-09.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-3, 6.68 ERA, 1.76 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Marquis continued his struggles, as he allowed five runs on nine hits and two walks over five innings against the Indians on Tuesday. He also served up three homers in one inning.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]4-1, 2.88 ERA, 1.12 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Twins | Game Log[/h3][h3]In his last two starts, Greinke has pitched 15 scoreless innings, with seven hits, no walks and 18 strikeouts. He hasn't walked a batter in his last 18 full innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Denard Span
  2. RF Ben Revere
  3. C Joe Mauer
  4. LF Josh Willingham
  5. 1B Justin Morneau
  6. SS Brian Dozier
  7. 3B Trevor Plouffe
  8. 2B Jamey Carroll
  9. RHP Jason Marquis

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Corey Hart
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy
  5. 3B Taylor Green
  6. 1B Travis Ishikawa
  7. SS Cesar Izturis
  8. 2B Edwin Maysonet
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Working on my car today.. almost bummed that I'll miss Marquis shut down the Brewer bats.

I don't know. The only lineup I've found for the Twins so far has Brian Duensing pitching instead. We have to leave for Milwaukee soon so I can't search for confirmation much longer.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Working on my car today.. almost bummed that I'll miss Marquis shut down the Brewer bats.

I don't know. The only lineup I've found for the Twins so far has Brian Duensing pitching instead. We have to leave for Milwaukee soon so I can't search for confirmation much longer.

Duensing pitched an inning in relief yesterday, so I'd have to think Marquis is starting.

This is one of the worst Brewer lineups that I can remember seeing since the beginning of the Yost era. I get the 'Sunday rest' concept, but why do you sit Ramirez after the HR yesterday?

Why bother questioning RR any more? The guy is an absolute horror of a mangaer.

I want him gone, end this charade.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I actually feel bad for Greinke at this point. Trotting out to the mound knowing full well he better be unhittable today to have any chance at a win.

No way he signs any kind of an extension to stay here.

The ripple effect of losing Prince has been tremendous...

I suppose Ramirez is getting old and needs a day off sometimes and a day game after a night game but I really wonder about taking him out just when he's finally heating up....

I completely understand sitting Weeks though, that move is needed

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Yup, Weeks needed to be sat weeks ago. RR has finally figured that much out... Or was he told to sit Rickie by someone else? That is probably the case as I don't think RR can put 2 and 2 together on his own.

Well what would have been the point of benching Rickie? Let Green and Maysonet play 2nd everyday? Yay? RR has played the Weeks situation fine. The Brewers need Rickie to be successful and just benching him isn't going to fix anything. With as bad as our bench is right now; RR doesn't have a whole lot of viable options that would allow him to sit players that are struggling.

Aram is 30 something years old; he has played everyday since last Thursday (I think); no big deal sitting either IMO. People may not like the Sunday lineups but many many managers do it so obviously there is a reason for it. He doesn't do it just to piss the fans off.

And in the end it probably wont matter because this is just a bad team right now.

I gotta be honest, I would take our lineup on May 19th, 2002 (106 loss season) over the AAAA team we have out there today:

1. Alex Sanchez .273

2. Ronnie Belliard .247

3. Jeffrey Hammonds .297

4. Richie Sexon .256

5. Geoff Jenkins .233

6. Tyler Houston .243

7. Mark Loretta .167

8. Paul Bako .292

9. Ruben Quevedo .000

Izturis is getting his hits? It weakens the bench? What Rock?

Nothing new. Rock and Anderson broadcast like a couple of guys that are employed by the brewers, which basically they are. While there not boring some of the stuff they say clearly comes off as Brewer apologists.

Verified Member
I like BA. Rock's value is getting the company line, but other than that... let me think... well, in case I forget that sinkerballers need to be tired...
Formerly AKA Pete

Archived