Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-19 Twins (Pavano) at Brewers (Gallardo), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4, 11 innings]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/twins.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 19 | 3:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Twins (13-26) | Brewers (16-23)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/twins/pavano-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-09.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-3, 5.14 ERA, 1.27 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Pavano has been bothered by a strain in the front of his right shoulder, but he still battled against the Indians on Monday. He showed better velocity, but allowed four runs on six hits over six innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-4, 5.04 ERA, 1.52 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Twins | Game Log[/h3][h3]When he doesn't face the Cardinals, Gallardo is fine. He has a 22.24 ERA in two starts against St. Louis and a 2.54 ERA in six other quality starts. He walked six Mets batters on Monday, but limited the damage to two runs.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Denard Span
  2. RF Ben Revere
  3. LF Josh Willingham
  4. 1B Justin Morneau
  5. SS Brian Dozier
  6. 2B Alexi Casilla
  7. 3B Jamey Carroll
  8. C Drew Butera
  9. RHP Carl Pavano

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Corey Hart
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. 2B Rickie Weeks
  7. 1B Taylor Green
  8. SS Edwin Maysonet
  9. RHP Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green should be in front of Weeks.

Since Green has been sitting on the bench the last few games, I would expect him to be rusty. He needs regular playing time but RR can't seem to figure that out on his own.

Flip Green and Weeks, and this is the best lineup they can have given thier situation.

Actually, I'd like to see this:

1. Morgan

2. Lucroy

3. Braun

4. Ramirez

5. Hart

6. Green

7. Weeks

8. Maysonet

9. Gallardo

I hate RR!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

What the hell does Aoki need to do to get RRR to give him some consecutive starts. I mean why bat a guy in front of Braun who has a .364 OBP when you can run a guy (Morgan) out there with a .247 OBP. As Turboricky said yesterday RRR is a dweeb.

Glad to see Green and Maysonet in the lineup though. I am hoping for a lights out Yo start today, and for Lucroy to stay hot.

If the bats are ever going to break out it should be today. Pavano is basically an Italian Suppan at this point of his career. I'm going out on a limb and predicting one of those mirage-type games that comes every week or so.... just enough to keep the talking heads going about how the Brewers 'are still in the top half of the NL in (blank offensive category)'.

Agree with others saying Morgan starting instead of Aoki makes zero sense. This isn't Little League where you have to be "fair" and give everyone a chance.

Would like to see Melvin trade Morgan so that this option is taken away from Roenicke

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Verified Member
Nyjer is 3 for 9 versus Pavano so just insert the "we need to get him going" statement in there. I hope there aren't balls sailing over his head and a lot of throws needed.
Formerly AKA Pete

Corey Hart. TOOTBLAN. That's the kind of stuff that convinces Buntin' Ron he needs to call for one after a leadoff double in the first inning.

Also, nice to see Bob Davidson hasn't missed a beat in the "terrible ball/strike calls" department. Pavano threw 5 straight balls to Braun before that groundout on "3-2."

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Verified Member
I think I'll go with Brian Gorman as my least favorite. There are probably several I am forgetting. Why the strike call though by Davidson? Bah.
Formerly AKA Pete

It was a pretty awful strike call. Pavano threw one in the same spot - to his credit - and Braun had to swing.

Not sure what Corey was doing in that situation but it's whatever.

Verified Member
I don't know why it sticks in my head, but when I see Casilla, I think of the game where he and Gomez put down back to back bunts to the left of Todd Coffey - for hits I guess I should add.
Formerly AKA Pete

Bob Davidson is easily my least favorite ump in MLB. He's usually good for one ejection a game.. already making bad calls, too.

Do you suppose he's trying to show up the world by deliberately making bad calls? "I'll show YOU bad umpiring!"

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Bob Davidson is easily my least favorite ump in MLB. He's usually good for one ejection a game.. already making bad calls, too.

Do you suppose he's trying to show up the world by deliberately making bad calls? "I'll show YOU bad umpiring!"

Haha, maybe!

I think he wants everyone to know who's in charge when he's behind the plate.

Weeks "swing" on 1-2 was just lol bad. He's gonna bat under .200 all season. I'm calling it.

I wonder when he is going to go on the DL with a "bad hammy". Weeks needs some extended time off. He looks so lost at the plate it isn't even funny. Hard to believe he can look so bad.

"Carl Pavano has been around a while. He's been very durable." - More wisdom from the mouth of Bill.

I really don't think Bill is too bad as a color guy, but dang.. when you're really paying attention you catch some ridiculous stuff.

"Carl Pavano has been around a while. He's been very durable." - More wisdom from the mouth of Bill.

I really don't think Bill is too bad as a color guy, but dang.. when you're really paying attention you catch some ridiculous stuff.

That statement had the Yankees seal of approval.

Archived