Brewer Fanatic

Kerry Wood will retire today

We talk about it often. Just think of that 1-2 punch in Wood and Prior had neither been allowed to consistently throw 130+ pitches an outing (it is what I deem the cause of their injuries). They were so dominant. Dusty killed them.

We talk about it often. Just think of that 1-2 punch in Wood and Prior had neither been allowed to consistently throw 130+ pitches an outing (it is what I deem the cause of their injuries). They were so dominant. Dusty killed them.

Wood was hurt before Dusty ever got to Chicago. He had TJ in 1999, Dusty wasn't there til 2003 :)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Wood was hurt before Dusty ever got to Chicago. He had TJ in 1999, Dusty wasn't there til 2003 :)

After TJ surgery he was fine until 2004. Then he had a strained triceps in 2004, surgery in 2005, (not counting hot tub accident and knee surgery) surgery in 2006 for a torn rotator cuff, 2007 soreness in elbow DL'd him, etc etc etc.

Kerry pitched injury free for 3 years until Dusty got there. My point.

I think Baker pushed the limits with Prior and Wood at a very early age in their pitching careers. I think that led to the demise of both of them. Sure, mechanics are to blame. But I do think that Baker added to it. I am not a Cubs fan nor could I care. It is just too bad because both pitchers were so dominant. I like that he is being allowed to pitch one more game, and it will be at home. I hope he has a good outing, perhaps a closing situation, and the fans appreciate him when he walks off the field.

Archived