Brewer Fanatic

Fans Against Violence - Taking Back the Stands

Verified Member

That is great. The idea of no alcohol isn't going to fly and I'm not sure it should. I never drink at games just because I don't want to miss anything while I'm hitting the loo, but most people don't cause problems.

What's the fine for public drunkenness or disorderly conduct or whatever they bang people for these days? Maybe up it.

Formerly AKA Pete

That is great. The idea of no alcohol isn't going to fly and I'm not sure it should. I never drink at games just because I don't want to miss anything while I'm hitting the loo, but most people don't cause problems.

What's the fine for public drunkenness or disorderly conduct or whatever they bang people for these days? Maybe up it.

I agree banning alchohol will not happen. Now way no how. They may get some of the stadiums to stop alchohol sales sooner, but there is no way they'll get any stadium, (NFL, MLB) OR ARENA (NBA) to ban alchohol sales.

They don't even need to up it, they just need to enforce it. I'm not saint, but I'm sick of having a drunken group of 20 somethings using the f word 5,000 times an inning. Hey, I drink...I cuss and swear. But there's a time and place. And the place isn't around children. Or for that matter, in the stands at a Brewers game whether children are present or not.

If you've ever been to Lambeau, they're pretty much on top of this and aren;t shy about tossing people or bringing law enforcement over if the behavior is bad enough.

I was at a Timber Rattler game tonight, and this rarely happens there, but sat in front of a bunch of drunken rednecks who used the F word at least once per sentence. Those that were able to speak coherently that is. F this, and F that, and f'n, f'n, f'n.. I had my son with me and it just went on and on and on all game. Had my son been younger, or pre-teen, I would have said something, or got an usher to take care of it.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

My wife and I were at the game today, and there were plenty of Twins fans around us, as well as Brewers fans.

The guy sitting right behind me was grumbling constantly about the Brewers, like he was taunting them. One guy at a time, it was, "You call that a swing?!" "Aramis Ramirez, that was money well spent!" "Rickie Weeks, you can't tell me some of these guys in the stands today couldn't hit .160!"

He wasn't profane or anything, but everyone around us was starting to whisper about the loud mouth jerk sitting behind us. I thought I'd throw a glance his way, just to see if he was drunk or what, so I whispered to my wife, "I'm going to get a look at that jerky Twins fan behind us." I turned around, and the guy was a Brewers fan!

That cracked me up. Trust me, if you had heard him, without ever seeing him, you'd have been convinced there was a loud, pushy Twins fan sitting there ripping the home team. Nope!

I had a similar experience yesterday as well, several people dropping F bombs every other word, luckily they drank themselves into a drunken stupor by the 6th inning or so and quieted down. I know at Chase Field they have a sign by the scoreboard that has a number to text for security to report issues, does Miller Park have anything like that? I dont recall ever seeing anything.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

My wife and I were at the game today, and there were plenty of Twins fans around us, as well as Brewers fans.

The guy sitting right behind me was grumbling constantly about the Brewers, like he was taunting them. One guy at a time, it was, "You call that a swing?!" "Aramis Ramirez, that was money well spent!" "Rickie Weeks, you can't tell me some of these guys in the stands today couldn't hit .160!"

He wasn't profane or anything, but everyone around us was starting to whisper about the loud mouth jerk sitting behind us. I thought I'd throw a glance his way, just to see if he was drunk or what, so I whispered to my wife, "I'm going to get a look at that jerky Twins fan behind us." I turned around, and the guy was a Brewers fan!

That cracked me up. Trust me, if you had heard him, without ever seeing him, you'd have been convinced there was a loud, pushy Twins fan sitting there ripping the home team. Nope!

I heard him too and it was hysterical every time Rickie came up to bat in a sad kind of way. You can voice your displeasure without needing 8 beers and a smorgasbord of profanity laced insults. As much as I was ticked at that guy, I was happy that he wasn't cussing up a storm.

Its little things like this that makes me think Brewer fans are better overall than most other fans (trying to be unbiased). I don't think anybody is worried about getting mobbed in the parking lot at Miller Park because they are wearing the "wrong" colors.

I know at Chase Field they have a sign by the scoreboard that has a number to text for security to report issues, does Miller Park have anything like that? I dont recall ever seeing anything.

Yes. There's a sign somewhere, and I believe it's announced before games begin.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Almost everyone has a smartphone these days so it would be nice to have an APP where you can take a picture of the offending party. then with a few menu selections where you indicate game, location and behavior, a report is sent directly to the teams security office. they could followup in realtime and notify the stadium police units if necessary.

I would be all for a public intoxication fine. Say $55 and if you can't pay with cc/debit/cash right away then you go to the office to verify your identity and a bill $55 + $55 is sent to your address or you call for someone to pay for you. treat it like a parking ticket. state budget deficit would disappear in no time just from brewer games.

Almost everyone has a smartphone these days so it would be nice to have an APP where you can take a picture of the offending party. then with a few menu selections where you indicate game, location and behavior, a report is sent directly to the teams security office. they could followup in realtime and notify the stadium police units if necessary.

Most MLB stadiums(including Miller Park) have a system like that, except you text the seat location/row/section. I don't believe it is sent directly to the security, but it is relayed to them.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

They don't even need to up it, they just need to enforce it. I'm not saint, but I'm sick of having a drunken group of 20 somethings using the f word 5,000 times an inning.

Couldn't agree more. I went to a game with my g/f last year. I always sit in my assigned seats, at least until later on in the game when it's clear certain seats aren't going to be taken. So we sit in our assigned seats. About an inning later three college kids come and grab the seats behind us.....obviously not theirs. One dude was ok but the other two were about as obnoxious as you can get. They were talking very graphically about females and what they do (or claimed they do) They were also eating peanuts and the shells were constantly landing on us. At one point I picked up a shell and turned around and threw it onto the ground and said "no thanks we already have some". My g/f didn't want me to say anything to them. After that they were obviously talking smack about me but I didn't bother to give them the time of day. But it ruined the entire game for us. Just obnoxious. Had there been an usher there I would have told him but of course there wasn't.

As others have siad, I've been drunk at a game too. But never this obnoxious.

I like this! Baseball games should be a place you can take your family, have a fun night, and return home safely. If you want to root for the wrong team, expect to get some friendly razzing, nothing more.

When idiots get crazy, it ruins it for everybody. I don't think they'll ever get rid of alcohol sales, but no reason why they can't stop selling it earlier in the game. Have a few brews...by the time the game is done, you're not drunk as a skunk, and a danger on the roads.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I fall right smack dab in the middle of this discussion. I am the college kid who goes to the game with a group of 10 every home stand. I usually limit the drinking because I care too much about the game, but I have been on the one too many side of thing as well.

I would like to think if our group was being obnoxious or rude someone could say something and we could understand that the game is attended by children, etc and make adjustments.

The issue in my mind is not "college" students in my opinion, it's the groups of college aged or under individuals with zero respect for what anyone else thinks or has to say.

Anyways go free.

The ballpark is pretty much like any other public place. 99% of people are respectful, and there are 1% knuckleheads. Add drinking to the mix and you get more knuckleheads. The problem at a ballgame is that you can't simply move to get away from these people, you are at the mercy of the luck of your seating assignment. I think that Brewer games have always skewed young, but it seems that back in the County Stadium days, outside of Opening Day, most of the young 'boisterous' folks sat in the bleachers. These days, it seems- at least to me, that they are scattered about the stadium. To me, most of them are harmless, even the drunks. I don't appreciate profanity in front of my kids, but I've accepted that their ears won't melt, and it's pretty much par for the course at a ballgame..... I know that I picked up some new terms way back when at County Stadium. The only major problem that I've noticed that has seemed to ramp up a bit are what I would term, 'small packs of young punk males'. These guys tend to travel in small groups without respect for seating assignments. Often, they don't even appear to be drinking, but they seem to be more interested in stirring things up as opposed to watching a ballgame. I run into these packs a few times a year.

Good point. At County Stadium, bleachers were free for all. Everyone know it, so if I wasn't in the mood for that environment I didn't sit out there. If I wanted to be one of them, I could do that too. But it is much more scattered at Miller Park.

To your point Madtown, I learned long ago that asking a group of drunks to settle down and watch the language seldom works. Instead, all the language which used to be random is now aimed squarely at me the rest of the game. What bothers me most is games aren't cheap anymore. So to spend a bucket load of money for my stereotypical family of four and endure a berating all day is not enjoyable.

There have been a few times it has worked. I identify one of the alpha dudes in the herd, and if he seems less drunk and/or more reasonable I wait until he's separated from the pack and appeal to his good nature. As in "cmon dude, there's all kinds of kids around here...can you ask your posse to settle down and watch the language?" But like i said, I don't bother with that much these days.

Worst part is my son is at a certain age now. A few f bombs won;t crush him. But I really don't appreciate having him hear in detail what Zach did (or supposedly did) with some girl he met last night. That's really uncomfortable. Beyond all that, even if I'm there without my kids, i want to enjoy the game. Not listen to f this and f that constantly.

Archived