Brewer Fanatic

If the A's Move, What's the Next City to get a Team?

I would LOVE to see MLB in San Antonio but we would desperately need a new stadium. Most of the population is to the northern part of the city/county (or gradually moving there) and the stadium is a rough drive for folks who aren't that interested in minor league ball. And...suffice it to say, it is not in a great area and the stadium is very rarely full except on dollar night. We go all the time but it's at least a 45 minute drive without traffic.

Now, we get ourselves a brand new stadium or stadium plan and we're in business. After all, we're the seventh largest city in the country. We're more than the Spurs. :)

Meh, I think juggling the divisions would be the last consideration. In fact, I wouldn't mind that at all. Houston is finally leaving the NLC after how many years. Tampa, Miami, and ATL are all in AL/NL East, when really those divisions are more like the NORTHeast.

If the Carolina Bulls (or whatever) is the new franchise, you could create a Southeast Division, much like the NFL. Miami, Tampa, Atlanta, Carolina, and oops....maybe Washington I guess. Come to think of it, what about New Orleans?

it would be great if Milwaukee could get the A's and we send the brewers to some city that's hoping for an expansion team. Of course I'd only wish that if we get to keep beane and jettison our front office.

I don't get the fascination with Beane he is not all that great really. Just look at the Holliday trade he made that is one of the worst trades ever especially for what he gave up and then got in return for trading Holliday.

Is there ANY talk about expanding to 32 and finally doing the divisions the right way (like the NFL) 8 four team divisions? Don't answer because I know the answer is no, just a pipe dream. Increase to 32, drop to 154 games have 6 teams from each league make the playoffs and finally make a decision on the DH.

Archived