Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-17 Brewers (Marcum) at Astros (Happ), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-0]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Wow, I really expected more when Condrad came up - well, since he's done nothing I guess that doesn't mean much. Enjoy Nashville, I know I would Brooks.
Formerly AKA Pete

Which would you rather have?

Richie Sexson-Eric Young-Jose Hernandez-Tyler Houston (2002 infield)

Travis Ishikawa-Rickie Weeks-Cesar Izturis-Aramis Ramirez (2012 infield)

I laughed, and then I thought about it. The 2002 infield would have outhit this one by a country mile. I don't really know how they were defensively though.

Which would you rather have?

Richie Sexson-Eric Young-Jose Hernandez-Tyler Houston (2002 infield)

Travis Ishikawa-Rickie Weeks-Cesar Izturis-Aramis Ramirez (2012 infield)

I laughed, and then I thought about it. The 2002 infield would have outhit this one by a country mile. I don't really know how they were defensively though.

Who's pitching, the 2012 staff or the scrubs from 2002?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

My arthritic dog looks less pitiful than Rickie Weeks right now.

Today I played a good game of ball with my dog. He stands about ten meters from me and I bounce him balls to jump and catch in his mouth. It's kind of like basic infielder fielding practice. I wonder if a shepherd dog can hit as well as our SS's...

Where in Canada are you?

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Community Moderator

Tyler Houston (Who let the dogs out?) only played 76 games in 2002, but Mark Loretta was the 3B before he was traded for Keith Ginter and Wayne Franklin. As for backups, Lenny Harris hit .305 off the bench. The problem was Ronnie Belliard's .544 OPS for 317 PA. Amazingly, that's 50 points worse than Rickie Weeks.

I guess I'm just trying to convince you guys that this team has absolutely no shot at competing this year with the current roster. It doesn't matter who RR puts in there. They simply are not good and they aren't going to get any better. Even if Weeks and Ramirez wake up, Ishikawa and Lucroy are probably headed the opposite direction. It's tough to say it in mid-May, but 2012 is going to be a lost year.

I think back to 2010 when the starting pitching brought down the whole team. This year the infield/bench is going to do the same thing. It doesn't matter how well they pitch.

Verified Member
Can we trade Morgan already? Aoki is the same player, only better, IMO. We should have traded him before the season started. Not sure what kind of value he has, but there are enough holes on the roster that I would think we could improve somewhere.

Verified Member

Lopez went high and tight, lots of jawing and Lopez ended up doing a weird hand gesture where he makes a sideways V and moves it across his eyes. I guess in a way its same ol, same ol but I'll bet its one that plays out more later.

I worded that poorly - he hit Hanley

Formerly AKA Pete

I'm kinda glad I'm missing thus one on TV. I'm currently flying to Minneapolis to meet up with family so we can go to Miller Park this weekend and *hopefullyt* get a win or two! Maybe we should give Vargas a shot. Can't hurt at this point.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Weeks batting 2nd or 6th has such a little effect on expected runs scored that it's not worth messing with Weeks' head. Again, there are so many other things that are much worse issues that I'm surprised how much people focus on where Weeks is batting. Conrad started at 1st today and we have a SS with a projected OPS under .600 starting every day!

BTW, this game is just awful.

Where in Canada are you?

Them's fightin' words!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOCgDyeawR-RpwVdlunk5qPvCiHgacbAt6tenYoh3CobmT4qRi9g

Oh, and sorry, I meant metres. The defence is really labouring today. Ugly stuff.

Archived