Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-17 Brewers (Marcum) at Astros (Happ), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-0]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure I like Marcum throwing 30+ pitches in an inning when he had an injury scare before the game, but long relief options are lacking after Wolf's start. I smell a postgame roster move.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Can't blame that inning on Weeks.

Braun got a pitch to kill with the bases loaded and flat-out missed it.

That's being completely results oriented. Weeks had a very poor at bat there. If it weren't for Marcum's fluke baserunning we absolutely would have been blaming him.

Everyone's getting pitches to crush. The first two strikes to Weeks split the plate in half.

Weeks et al need to start adapting to the fastball on the outside corner. It might not be a strike, but it is tonight.

Doesn't help that Braun's trying to do way too much and has stranded a small village on the bases tonight.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Braun, I expected better from you tonight.

Weeks' last at bat was about the most predictable thing ever. I'm glad we had him up there instead of Lucroy. What a friggin joke this manager is.

ETA: I'm kinda bummed they ruled Rickie's second at bat a hit. I wanted to see him top his 0-22 streak.

Ugh. They are so bad right now.

It's worse than that. They're bad and boring. It's hard to even feel on most night's that they have some sort of puncher's chance, because they have no punch. It just seems like so many things have to line up for them to have a really good chance at winning.

My arthritic dog looks less pitiful than Rickie Weeks right now.

Today I played a good game of ball with my dog. He stands about ten meters from me and I bounce him balls to jump and catch in his mouth. It's kind of like basic infielder fielding practice. I wonder if a shepherd dog can hit as well as our SS's...

How many times has Ramirez grounded out to shortstop this season? He's got to be among the league leaders in that, so he's got that going for him.... plus, of all the Brewers, I've tabbed him 'Most Likely to be Caught on Camera Yawning'.

My arthritic dog looks less pitiful than Rickie Weeks right now.

Today I played a good game of ball with my dog. He stands about ten meters from me and I bounce him balls to jump and catch in his mouth. It's kind of like basic infielder fielding practice. I wonder if a shepherd dog can hit as well as our SS's...

The dog would likely have to be a pinch runner, silly. You know they can't hit.

Good news. The arthritis and pain meds seem to be working, so my dog has also been playing ball instead of limping like Verbal Kint. Osteo Bi-Flex works for dogs. Who knew?

Community Moderator

Which would you rather have?

Richie Sexson-Eric Young-Jose Hernandez-Tyler Houston (2002 infield)

Travis Ishikawa-Rickie Weeks-Cesar Izturis-Aramis Ramirez (2012 infield)

Archived