Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-17 Brewers (Marcum) at Astros (Happ), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-0]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 17 | 7:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (16-21) | Astros (16-21)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/astros.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/marcum-07.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/astros/happ-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-1, 3.07 ERA, 1.16 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]Retiring 16 of the last 18 hitters he faced, Marcum tossed seven innings in his last start, allowing one run on three hits, along with two walks and six strikeouts. He lowered his ERA to 3.07, best among Brewers starters.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-3, 5.72 ERA, 1.55 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Happ allowed five runs on six hits over six innings in a 5-2 loss at Pittsburgh. Happ settled down after a rough first frame and retired 13-of 15 batters but struggled in the fifth and allowed two runners to open the sixth to end his day prematurely.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. 1B Brooks Conrad
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. RHP Shaun Marcum

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Jordan Schafer
  2. 2B Jose Altuve
  3. LF J.D. Martinez
  4. 1B Carlos Lee
  5. SS Jed Lowrie
  6. RF Brian Bogusevic
  7. 3B Chris Johnson
  8. C Chris Snyder
  9. LHP J.A. Happ

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2011 we had the 2nd highest OPS from the 1B position, .960. Only Detroit as higher at a whopping 1.040.

This year we are 13th (out of the 30 teams) down to a .753 1B OPS, but that can only go down the longer we do things like start Brooks Conrad over there.

Brad Nelson made it to 0-21 before we let him go, Conrad is at 0-16 so far.

wow that looks like a Spring Training split-squad lineup....

I hope the other Brewers split squad does well in their game back in Maryvale today and we can win 2.

oh wait....

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I don't understand why Rickie is still anywhere's near the top of this line-up.

Clearly, moving him to 2nd hasn't produced any results better than when he was hitting lead-off. It's time to drop him down to 6, put Lucroy in the 2 hole and roll with that until he gets out of his ridiculously long slump. If Green is playing, drop Weeks to 7th.

Conrad at 1B? Is Green Hurt?

RR is a clown. I hate the way this guy manages this team, HATE IT!

Our 7-8 makes me want to puke.

RR is a clown.

With Rickie batting 6, our 6-8 makes me want to hurl.

RR is a clown.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

There's no reason why Conrad should be starting over Green and Ishikawa. If you want to get him PT, play him over Weeks. But Green and Ishikawa have both shown to be better hitters than Conrad. Also, what does Lucroy have to do to hit 2nd? I understand the argument that if he hits higher, he won't be driving in the runs. That would be valid if ARam and Hart were getting on to begin with. I'd rather have Lucroy get on for Braun and move Weeks to 6th. Maybe moving down will take some pressure of Weeks. Regardless, something different needs to be done.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

He's been awful, and I know most will disagree with me (vehemently).....but I'm actually OK with Conrad in the lineup tonight. Career OPS vs. lefties:

Conrad: .762

Ishikawa: .582

Green: .000 (I think it's one AB. I don't know where to find minor league splits)

Conrad is more than likely off the team when Gomez is activated...but I think it's worth giving him a shot against a LH starter to see if he has any value as a RH bat on the bench (something the Brewers don't exactly have), or maybe as part of whatever 1B platoon they come up with (he's surprisingly only had 1 start vs. a LHP). JA Happ has been hammered by RHB this season (.933 OPS, there's a split for his career as well), so get the RHB in the lineup.

Not saying he should be an option the rest of the season (or even the rest of this month)...but tonight he might be the best one against a LHP. There definitely isn't a good one, so I guess why not?

Conrad may be the best 1B option with a lefty on the mound right now. With Gomez back though, they ought to just move Hart to 1B against lefties and play Braun-Gomez-Aoki in the OF, and send Conrad back from whence he came.

Also, I'm calling it: Conrad will get a base hit tonight.

Conrad may be the best 1B option with a lefty on the mound right now. With Gomez back though, they ought to just move Hart to 1B against lefties and play Braun-Gomez-Aoki in the OF, and send Conrad back from whence he came.

i would agree with that. both parts.

I hope this is what they do as well. It makes more sense than keeping Conrad over Green, and continuing to give him starts against LHP. Aoki deserves that extra PT.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

JS writers must love it when JA Happ is pitching. "A Happless Performance", "Happhazard Lineup Fails Again", etc...

I was going to say JA Happens To Be Bad at Pitching.

Is anyone else with Time Warner in Milwaukee having trouble with FSN WI in HD? I can get the SD version.

Your problem is that you have crappy Time Warner. :tongue

Thanks. I'll call them to see if they can send someone out to fix that tomorrow.

Why, God, why is Rickie Weeks batting second again?

Hey, great idea putting the worst hitter in the majors ahead of the reigning NL MVP every night.

Weeks now 4 for his last 37. On the season, he's batting .153 (20 for 131) with 48 K. His OBP is down to .293. Weeks, again, batting #2 in our lineup, directly ahead of the NL MVP, is on a pace to score 60 runs.

When is Roenicke going to get it through his thick head that Rickie Weeks batting second IS NOT WORKING????!!!!!!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived