Brewer Fanatic

Angels Fire Batting Coach Mickey Hatcher

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Dumb. I really hope Pujols had nothing to do with this.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Dumb. I really hope Pujols had nothing to do with this.

He absolutely did. Someone had to be the scapegoat for his poor start. [sarcasm]I suppose now it's a waiting game to see when McGwire resigns from St. Louis only to resurface in Anaheim.[/sarcasm]

really don't make much sense. the brewers team batting average is 13 points lower than the angels and i don't think its even close to time for a change. he was there for 11 seasons and had great success. definitely would appear that albert had something to do with this. i doubt the manager wanted to make this change.

i doubt the manager wanted to make this change.

Considering Scioscia and Hatcher are close friends, there's about a zero percent chance the manager had anything to do with it.

Pujols has put up MVP type numbers for 11 straight years and now it's the hitting coach's fault that he's off to a slow start. How can Mickey Hatcher be a scapegoat when there is no one that believes that he has anything to do with Pujols' struggles.

Pujols has put up MVP type numbers for 11 straight years and now it's the hitting coach's fault that he's off to a slow start. How can Mickey Hatcher be a scapegoat when there is no one that believes that he has anything to do with Pujols' struggles.

Just because Hatcher has nothing to do with Pujols' slow start doesn't mean people won't accept him as the scapegoat. I'm sure most news outlets will only perpetuate those feelings...

As of today, Pujols' updated Zips projection (for the whole season) is just .269/.341/.462/.803. Not what you expect for $250 million.

Countdown to the revelation that Albert Pujols is actually 35 years old?

If this continues, the Angels will probably be dispatching a team of private investigators to the D.R. in an attempt to void the contract. That would be awesome.

Archived