Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-15 Brewers (Greinke) at Mets (Gee), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-0, Ishikawa 2 HR, 5 RBI]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
I hope Roenicke gives Greinke a shot at a complete game shutout. 104 pitches isn't that extreme.

except that he'd need to go another 2 innings. pull him now.

Nice smarts there Ish.

Nah, he didn't do anything dumb. He slid in hard to break up the DP and assumed Cedeno caught the ball (and why wouldn't he?) for the out. There was really no reason for him to think that the guy would drop the ball, therefore making his overslide a mistake.

The 100 pitch thing is pure science fiction anyhow. If he's not laboring keep him in there

[sarcasm]Screw pitch counts, lets eyeball it[/sarcasm]

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Yeah he went in hard but he still needs to be aware of his surroundings. A guy can drop the ball at any time. He had time to realize he dropped the ball and get back.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Does being hit by a pitch aid your OBP?

Yes, it does.

OBP = (Hits + walks + hit by pitch) / (At bats + walks + hit by pitch + sac flies)

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

The 100 pitch count is completely arbitrary, there is no way every single MLB pitcher should be on the exact same pitch count. Once a pitcher is physically mature, I'm much more concerned about his stressful inning count than I am his total pitch count.

If every inning is 12-18 pitches and the pitcher has it going on, let him pitch. The idea should be to minimize the BP's use, not maximize it, your best pitchers are in your starting rotation. If he has 2-3 20+ pitch innings I'm okay pulling him around the magical 100 pitch limit but with pitchers in their prime that count should be extended to around 110-115.

The 100 pitch limit was never scientifically proven, it's just a nice round number, for all we know it might be 85 pitches or as high as 125 pitches. The point of the pitch count should be to keep pitchers from pitching past the point of fatigue when the potential for injury is greatest. In that regard stressful innings are much more important than the total pitch count.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Whats with the thousands and thousands of empty seats?

It's $50 to sit in the bleachers, $440 to sit behind the plate. It's a lot of money to see a bad home team play a game.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Hello, win column!

Nice performance by Zack "the ace" Greinke! 4-1, 2.88 ERA, 53 K in 50 IP, WHIP down to 1.12.

Sign him now!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

As long as guys like Aoki, Morgan and Gomez get starts in the top 5 of the batting order, the notion that Weeks shouldn't is laughable. The suggestion that Conrad might be a better start right now is also laughable.

I get that it's understandable to think 150 AB is a lot. Any baseball fan did at some point in their fandom. Anyone who has been watching baseball for years should know better, though.

Do you have NextDef (or whatever they call it) installed? It took me a while to figure this out too, with help from another BF poster. It doesn't work on my iPad, only on my laptop.

That did it thanks!

it's so awesome. it's so hard for me to decide whether to watch games on the laptop with Ueck, or through the Xbox on the big TV with no Ueck. The Xbox is usually about 2 batters behind, so I've found myself moving more and more to the laptop. Depends on if there's anything on TV I want to watch I guess.

You need to get an hdmi to connect to your tv from your lappy.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived