Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-15 Brewers (Greinke) at Mets (Gee), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-0, Ishikawa 2 HR, 5 RBI]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ishikawa has deserved a steady look. I like Green a lot, but he's a novice at 1B. His future in the big leagues is at 2nd or 3rd. It's not like Ishikawa is all that old.

I'm fine with Ishikawa getting most of the starts as well. He's very good with the glove and he's shown flashes at the plate. Might as well see what he can do. I have a feeling Green is heading back to AAA on Sunday when Gomez is activated anyway. Conrad will probably be kept because he's a switch-hitter and can play 1B against LHP. I'd rather keep Green though. He'd be good off the bench for us, and could still see some starts at 1B. Either way, I'm a lot more concerned about SS and RP going forward than I am about 1B.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Ishikawa has deserved a steady look. I like Green a lot, but he's a novice at 1B. His future in the big leagues is at 2nd or 3rd. It's not like Ishikawa is all that old.

Except Ishikawa is what he is at this point and Green probably has more potential. Ishikawa will hit more home runs but Green will hit for a higher average and probably get on base more. Ish will have games like this every once in awhile but thats about it.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I really don't think that was on purpose

I suppose it's impossible to know, but that looked about as intentional as it gets. Carrasco didn't seem to put up much of a fight other than a sheepish look toward the ump.

Except Ishikawa is what he is at this point and Green probably has more potential. Ishikawa will hit more home runs but Green will hit for a higher average and probably get on base more. Ish will have games like this every once in awhile but thats about it.

I disagree. Green finally registered his first major league walk last night, more than 50 AB's into his career. I don't see him being all that patient. Ishikawa's only regular playing time at the big league level was in the NL West's pitchers havens He's got a pretty good stroke for a guy noted for his glove work. He could be a late bloomer with the bat.

Don't get me wrong, I like Green. But he's not a first baseman. Yes he can play there, and given the contract status of Weeks and Ramirez, they are forced to find a place if he's going to play, but he's really got to hit to stay there and I'd give Ishikawa a shot there first. The next best option is to move ARAM to first and Green to third.

I hope Roenicke gives Greinke a shot at a complete game shutout. 104 pitches isn't that extreme.

Is that supposed to be in blue? He still has two more innings to pitch. We are up 8. If it was a no-hitter sure, but not a complete game

I disagree. Green finally registered his first major league walk last night, more than 50 AB's into his career. I don't see him being all that patient. Ishikawa's only regular playing time at the big league level was in the NL West's pitchers havens He's got a pretty good stroke for a guy noted for his glove work. He could be a late bloomer with the bat.

Don't get me wrong, I like Green. But he's not a first baseman. Yes he can play there, and given the contract status of Weeks and Ramirez, they are forced to find a place if he's going to play, but he's really got to hit to stay there and I'd give Ishikawa a shot there first. The next best option is to move ARAM to first and Green to third.

I'm not even going to bother looking at Green's MLB stats since the sample is so small. I was just comparing what each did in the minors at each level/league and at what age. Last year in the hitter-friendly PCL Ishikawa was only able to manage a .750 OPS as a 27-year old. Yeah he had a 1.1 OPS in the same league as a 24 year old but then he was called up and has been around a .725 OPS in the majors. I'm not saying Green needs to start every game at 1B but I think he should be getting the majority of starts there. I'll take the potential of Green (and already might be better offensively) over the upgrade on defense from Ish. Green has looked plenty fine on defense so far.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived