Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-15 Brewers (Greinke) at Mets (Gee), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-0, Ishikawa 2 HR, 5 RBI]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
greinke's delivery looks better every start. Very smooth ... he's gonna have an amazing year and I think they should've tried a little harder to wrap up the contract before the season.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Click change broadcast, and then pick WTMJ from the 'audio overlay' options.

It doesn't give me that option. When I click on change broadcast all i see is the two tv options and then it gives 3 audio only option. What am I missing?

Verified Member
Umphrey, what do you mean by veteran savvy?

Having enough experience to be able to more accurately predict what pitch is coming and developing a better batter's eye/idea of the strike zone. Being able to make adjustments very quickly and accurately based on past patterns. Stuff like that.

Still, Weeks hit great for the first half of last year and that was after surgery on both his wrists. His ankle issue at the end of the year shouldn't really have any affect on his swing. I think he'll come around.

Im actually surprised ZG wasn't impaled by Wright's broken bat. It seems like another fluky injury would be fitting at this point.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Click change broadcast, and then pick WTMJ from the 'audio overlay' options.

It doesn't give me that option. When I click on change broadcast all i see is the two tv options and then it gives 3 audio only option. What am I missing?

Do you have NextDef (or whatever they call it) installed? It took me a while to figure this out too, with help from another BF poster. It doesn't work on my iPad, only on my laptop.

You may run like Mays...

If Greinke posts a sub 3.00 era this year, i think he's looking at a $200M contract next year

Except Greinke probably has a list of about 5-10 teams he'd actually be willing to play for. (Or maybe he's just going to get as much money as possible, but I get the feeling that's not the case)

If Greinke posts a sub 3.00 era this year, i think he's looking at a $200M contract next year

really? $70 million more than a very comparable (and a year younger) matt cain?? I love Greinke, think he's awesome. I would argue he's better than Cain. But there is no chance he gets $200 million. zero. I highly doubt anyone goes longer than 6 or 7 years for a pitcher, and greinke is not getting $30 million a year.

Do you have NextDef (or whatever they call it) installed? It took me a while to figure this out too, with help from another BF poster. It doesn't work on my iPad, only on my laptop.

That did it thanks!

Just refining plate disipline. Not only taking walks but things like knowing when to guess and when not to, recognizing that a pitcher is going to work you low and away the entire AB and how to adjust, adapting to the release point quickly, etc.

He looks like he goes up there with no strategy or a bad one, cant adapt, and hes a tick slower than he used to be.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

That did it thanks!

it's so awesome. it's so hard for me to decide whether to watch games on the laptop with Ueck, or through the Xbox on the big TV with no Ueck. The Xbox is usually about 2 batters behind, so I've found myself moving more and more to the laptop. Depends on if there's anything on TV I want to watch I guess.

Just refining plate disipline. Not only taking walks but things like knowing when to guess and when not to, recognizing that a pitcher is going to work you low and away the entire AB and how to adjust, adapting to the release point quickly, etc.

He looks like he goes up there with no strategy or a bad one, cant adapt, and hes a tick slower than he used to be.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation.

Archived