Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-15 Brewers (Greinke) at Mets (Gee), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-0, Ishikawa 2 HR, 5 RBI]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 15 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (15-20) | Mets (20-15)[/h2][h3]FSN HD | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/mets.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/greinke-08.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/mets/gee-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]3-1, 3.35 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Mets | Game Log[/h3][h3]Greinke was upset when a quality outing got away in San Francisco on May 4, continuing his trouble in road games. He is 1-1 with a 7.20 ERA in three away starts this season and 30-46 with a 4.27 ERA in his career.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]2-2, 4.78 ERA, 1.41 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gee has struggled to keep his pitch count down in recent outings, needing 103 pitches to throw 5 2/3 innings last time out against the Phillies. Next up for Gee is a Brewers team that he has not seen since his final start of the 2010 season.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. 1B Travis Ishikawa
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. RHP Zack Greinke

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Andres Torres
  2. LF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
  3. 3B David Wright
  4. RF Lucas Duda
  5. 2B Daniel Murphy
  6. 1B Ike Davis
  7. SS Ronny Cedeno
  8. C Mike Nickeas
  9. RHP Dillon Gee

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weather looks maybe a touch better than it did earlier in the day, via weather.com. It's giving NY a 25% chance of rain from 7-8, a 45% chance of rain from 8-9, and a 60% chance of rain from 9-10. Looks like it should be fairly dry until the start of the game.

That rickie weeks....So hot right now. High time to turn it around boys, with the astros and twins coming up as well as the cardinals coming down to earth we can jump right back in it.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

For as much complaining as I've seen regarding Weeks poor start to the 2012 season (and it has been poor), I think there has been some over-reaction. I'm sure most of that stems from people's overuse of BA (Weeks BA stands at .157). Despite that putrid BA, however, his current OBP is still higher than several current Brewer's CAREER OBP (.306).

So I think we can all agree that Weeks is hitting poorly but I don't believe the impact of his poor performance has been as bad as some suggest. There have been much larger problems this year.

His OBP is still ok (thought not for someone in the top 2 of the lineup), but his pure batting numbers are horrendous. His OBP is still 50 points under his career numbers. But despite the fact that he's on base sometimes, he just simply can't hit. It would be bad enough batting 8th, but being first or second just magnifies it. Aside from the .157 average, he's slugging .289 for the year, and has a grand total of ONE extra base hit in the last 15 games (a double) and only 1 HR since the 4th game of the year. I don't think there is much over-reaction, as that is flat out bad.

Yes, I'll say there are certainly other problems, but trotting Weeks out there every day at the top of the order is a huge problem in my opinion, far beyond just simply his very marginal .308 OBP.

Hate to waste a Greinke start with heavy rains predicted about an hour in. Any chance they scratch him and start a reliever?

If only Estrada were still in the pen....

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

The guy has flat out lost it Bill Hall style. I am seriously worried Weeks' contract will be remembered as the worst in Brewers history right now

Crazy talk. Weeks has a career's worth of good production that shows this is just a bad slump. Bill Hall had just over a year's worth.

Please score some runs.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I was in NY, but didn't hit the game last night. My friends didn't want to head out there in the rain...that saved me some disappointment!

I was checking out of my hotel today and found out the Brewers were at the same hotel. I hope Zack pitches well...I purposely didn't say anything to him when I was in line next to him.

My theory on Weeks (its bleak):

He's lost some speed in his wrists and his legs due to age, 2 wrist surgeries and his ankle last year. He's gotten by with talent most of his career, and hasnt developed any veteran savvy to compensate for his declining skills.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Hey I have MLBTV premium and someone told me that I could watch the live feed while listening to Uke's broadcast. Anyone know how that is done?

Click change broadcast, and then pick WTMJ from the 'audio overlay' options.

You may run like Mays...

Archived