Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-14 Brewers (Gallardo) at Mets (Batista), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-1]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 14 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (15-19) | Mets (19-15)[/h2][h3]FSN HD | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/mets.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/gallardo-08.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/mets/batista-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]2-3, 5.35 ERA, 1.55 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Mets | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gallardo has a 22.24 ERA in two starts against the Cardinals and a 2.45 ERA in his other five starts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-1, 5.89 ERA, 2.13 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Batista struggled early in his first start as a member of the Mets' rotation, giving up four runs over his first two innings. But he settled down to last into the sixth, and the Mets are committed to giving Batista a long look as a starting pitcher.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Nyjer Morgan
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. 1B Taylor Green
  7. 2B Brooks Conrad
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. RHP Yovani Gallardo

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Andres Torres
  2. LF Kirk Nieuwenhuis
  3. 3B David Wright
  4. RF Lucas Duda
  5. 2B Daniel Murphy
  6. 1B Ike Davis
  7. SS Ronny Cedeno
  8. C Mike Nickeas
  9. RHP Miguel Batista

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bullpen should be foced to stand out on the field in the rain for the entire time the game was supposed to be going on. This is a sufficient punishment for posting a 5.16 ERA as a group so far this year good for second to last in the bigs.

I'm watching the Mets broadcast (they were talking about Braun/Das when I turned it on), and I just wanted to point out that they absolutely called Daniel Murphy going the other way vs. the shift. They said he's been hitting the ball the other way a lot, and "if they pitch him away, he's going to go the other way". I'm in favor of the shifting, but definitely seems like an example of bad scouting or some bad calls on the pitches. Maybe a combo of both.

Jesus, there it is. Stupid Roenicke, just stupid baseball. I don't care if Izturis sucks or if it would've worked, it was a bad call because its expected.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Izturis didn't need to get a hit, he just needed to get enough of one to get it into the outfield at medium depth. Of course, he could have hit the ball on the ground like and found a hole in the drawn-in infield.

I didn't have a problem with that squeeze at all. Its not like Izturis/Gallardo will get a hit in that situation.

The point is that at this point it seems obvious whenever RR will call one. It certainly didn't help that it was a terrible bunt.

Yes, Izturis has made 4 terrible bunts out of 5 or 6 already this year.

It's idiocy to have him keep doing it.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

How long before Kranitz should start worrying about his performance? Gallardo, Axford, K-Rod and Veras are all underachieving with no sign of breaking out of the funks they are in. Where is the coaching?

Yo's FIP is 3.89, xFIP 3.86. He's been really unlucky. His inability to hit the zone today is maddening however. Axford's FIP is 1.04, and xFIP is 2.07.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yo is just driving me nuts. Why is he nibbling so much and getting behind on a team that you know wants to take pitches?

This ump has had a pretty tight zone but he seems to have fallen in love with his breaking ball.

It's almost like the Mets scouting report is if he throws you a curve ball don't swing because he almost never throws it for a strike.

Let me take my last comment a step further...When will Johnny Narron start worrying about his performance as well? Our collective hitting has been pathetic when you consider there are 4 all-stars in our everyday lineup. I think the departure of Sveum has had the biggest impact on the 2012 Brewers vs. the 2011 Brewers.

Let me take my last comment a step further...When will Johnny Narron start worrying about his performance as well? Our collective hitting has been pathetic when you consider there are 4 all-stars in our everyday lineup. I think the departure of Sveum has had the biggest impact on the 2012 Brewers vs. the 2011 Brewers.

I've been saying this for awhile too. Too much Narron on the coaching staff?

Weeks is hurt and has been struggling.

Hart has been been above average.

Braun is still Braun

Ramirez has always started slow, but has been starting to show more life.

Jonathan Lucroy is hitting like .330

Alex Gonzalez was off to a good start, including taking his walks.

Archived