Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-13 Cubs (Samardzija) at Brewers (Estrada), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-2]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 13 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (13-20) | Brewers (15-18)[/h2][h3]FSN HD | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/cubs/samardzija-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/estrada-03.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-1, 3.03 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Samardzija is on a roll. He's given up two earned runs over 21 1/3 innings in his past three starts, picking up the win in his last outing vs. the Braves. In that stretch, he's struck out 23 and walked six. That's a good ratio.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-2, 4.50 ERA, 1.13 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Estrada was done in by one poor inning on Monday, when he allowed five consecutive hits and five runs to open the fourth. In his six other innings of work, he limited the Reds to three hits and no runs.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF David DeJesus
  2. CF Tony Campana
  3. SS Starlin Castro
  4. 1B Bryan LaHair
  5. LF Alfonso Soriano
  6. 3B Ian Stewart
  7. C Geovany Soto
  8. 2B Darwin Barney
  9. RHP Jeff Samardzija

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Norichika Aoki
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. 1B Taylor Green
  7. 2B Brooks Conrad
  8. SS Edwin Maysonet
  9. RHP Marco Estrada

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maysonet is starting at SS, not Izturis. If someone had told me before the season that Green, Conrad, and Maysonet would all be starting in the same game I would've freaked out. It's pretty crazy.

You're not?

This is probably the exact same lineup that I would have thrown out there today so I can't complain too much about how it performs. Would love a sweep but the alphabet pitcher for the cubs has been pitching pretty lights out lately

Does anyone know what players plan on using a pink bat today? My favorite game of the year and Ill have to miss most of it, driving to watertown. Atleast I get to listen to Ueck

Shark.

Also, 6 starts, lets not go crazy.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Here's hoping Aoki takes some better routes to balls hit to his left and right today. Up to this point, he has not looked like an MLB caliber CF to me. He needs to stop selling out and cutting straight across on balls he has no chance of catching and instead using good angles to cut balls off before they reach the wall.

Let's get that sweep boys!

Nice change up Marco! I really enjoy watching him pitch

Getting close to a nice sample of him as a starter between this year and last year and I havent seen a drop off between him and Narveson at all. I wish we had 1 more quality pitcher still but Estrada looks like a fine 5 this year and even next.

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Archived