Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-12 Cubs (Volstad) at Brewers (Marcum), 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-2; Maysonet GS]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A little early to bust out the anointing oil but is Maysonet a viable option as a starting SS?

Not really a good one. He's 30 so not really any potential. Only a .700 career OPS in the minors.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Not really a good one. He's 30 so not really any potential. Only a .700 career OPS in the minors.

But would he be a better option than Izturis in the long run?

There is no long run, but the next few months at worse its a toss up

Way to go Edwin! Curtain call! Ueck's going nuts!

Yup - we caught this play in the car, thus with only access to Uecker, and his call is very enthusiastic. If you have access to the audio, try to catch the postgame show.

Maysonet Salami. That'll learn 'em to IBB Ishikawa.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

You know, I've found Sutton and Brenly surprisingly decent today.

Me too. On a somewhat related note, I normally like Rock anyway, but when he called the FOX game last week I thought he did a really good job.

I hadn't heard the stories of all the other stuff going on around the team last night.

I knew Luc in the 2 hole could mean good things for us.

Thank you Ron Roenicke for trying something new. You put Luc in a position to help the team be successful, and gave Rickie a much needed day off.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Rickie only got the day off because of the injury, don't fool yourself into thinking it was because RR thought it was a good idea.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brian McCann might have something to say about that (once he starts hitting. which he will, he's made 6 straight all star teams for a reason). Carlos Ruiz and AJ Ellis are also both off to very hot starts, even better than Lucroy's. Posey and Miguel Montero are both good players as well. Molina is pretty much a lock.

I think it's way too early to talk about all stars (even if we can vote already), but Lucroy has definitely put himself in the conversation...much like he did last year with a hot start. There's a lot of good options though, so Luc better keep hitting if he wants to be an all star.

Archived