Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-11 Cubs (Garza) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7, 13 innings]

Come on Brauny!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I assume this is in response to the GIDP by Green. I guess I just chalk it up to "sometimes guys GIDP." I mean, there was a double and a walk before that, so that was good, at least.

Partly that, but more a comment on the difficulty we're having scoring runs.

Brauny can break it open.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

One of those pitches to Braun was a strike and it wasn't called a strike. Gotta love MLB umpiring.

but one of those pitches was a ball and wasn't called a ball. so it evens out! umpires are the best!

On ball four to Braun, Brenly showed that the catcher's poor technique may have led to the pitch being called a ball. The catcher dropped to a knee and caught the ball under-handed, possibly fooling the ump into thinking it was too low.

Yup. Good observation from the WGN broadcasting crew. This is Soto's backup in tonight, and he's not doing a good job of framing pitches.

Well, the Crew brought their bunting "A" game tonight.

EDIT: Then again, with Izturis up after Green, perhaps it would've been better to let Green try to swing away. But hey, I'm happy to have base runners.

Nice bunt, Taylor!

Nice outing tonight, Randy!!! /applause

Cubs doing all they can this inning to give us a run. Let's take advantage.

Ugh.

Let's get Brewer Amy out of the stands, and let her take a few swings.

Somebody explain to me why Ishikawa is now at first for Green?

Ishikawa had no reaction to that triple, he hardly moved his glove. Derek Lee would've caught that.

Stewert's foot similarly didn't move on that pitch.

Formerly Andersoc420

I don't get Rock's comment that we were pinch hitting for Wolf to put in the offense. Wolf's arguably a better hitter than Ishikawa. Heck, he might be better than half our lineup.

And Veras has good stuff, but man he has to stop nibbling

I hope tonight is the night that the bullpen decides to turn it around.

Unfortunately, it's not. :angry

First pitch from Low, grand slam. Ugh.

I don't get Rock's comment that we were pinch hitting for Wolf to put in the offense. Wolf's arguably a better hitter than Ishikawa. Heck, he might be better than half our lineup.

I hope you're joking.

Archived