Brewer Fanatic

Jim Callis has the Brewers taking two prep bats in his first mock draft..

It is possible, but I would prefer it if they took Trey Williams. Also I'm wondering if Gallo would actually hit enough to make use of his power. I also hope that the Brewers consider J.O Berrios. Even though he's "undersized" he has sound mechanics and a plus fastball and curveball.

I see he has Tyler Naquin going just ahead of us to Arizona. It would be pretty tough to pass on Naquin if he drops to us. He may project as an OF but that guy can hit for average

I like Joey Gallo's potential a lot. I like Addison Russell's potential even more. Even if Russell doesn't stick at SS, his bat will play somewhere (maybe 3B?)

Sounds like the college position players are the weakest class in a long time so it makes sense to look for a high school bat

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Archived