Brewer Fanatic

11-5 in night games, 3-12 in day games

Our split between day and night game this year is ridiculous. I looked up the numbers for past seasons a week ago (and can't remember them) and it seems to be a barometer to our seasons. In our last two play-off seasons our day and night records were similar. In our other seasons (starting in 2007) our day records were much worse than our night records. It is almost as if day/night has become our home/away split. If we do well in day games, we have a good season. When we have a bad season our day game record is terrible. Provided it is a small sample, but we are off to a terrible start this year. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas as to why we struggle so much in day games? Something has to change.

Coming into today:

.615 Day OPS.

.779 Night OPS.

41 Runs in 15 day games (2.73 per game), 82 Runs in 16 night games (5.13 per game)

ERA's are virtually identical.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Who in their right mind would want a signed Victor Santos card? I suppose it makes sense that a guy who couldn't pitch before dark would have a name I'd expect a vampire to have. Call me...Victor...

I'm betting things will even out over the course of the year. Either that or Bill Hall is still going on his rampant parties and drunk dialing Braun and Weeks at 3:30 AM to tell them about his (mis)adventures.

I'm betting things will even out over the course of the year. .

I would be willing to bet they wont. Without seeing stats, it's been obvious to me they suck during day games. I dont even follow the day games anymore besides checking in every 30 minutes or so. It's pathetic and in-exusable.

It's a small sample. [sarcasm]There's no way they can keep winning that many night games.[/sarcasm]

I prefer to look at it as "there's no way they can keep losing that many day games." :laughing

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

It won't even out most likely because the season isn't long enough. They have been really bad in day games so far, to expect them to be really good in them from this point on out just so it evens out isn't very logical. Most likely they will play like .500 in day games from this point on and in the end of the season will have a poor record in them. To expect them to just keep being horrible in day games all year long isn't very logical either though.

It won't even out most likely because the season isn't long enough. They have been really bad in day games so far, to expect them to be really good in them from this point on out just so it evens out isn't very logical.

Yeah, that was just poorly worded on my part. I meant "even out" in the sense that I wouldn't predict this to continue, and by the end of the season the discrepancy won't look so large.

Archived