Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-09 Reds (Cueto) at Brewers (Greinke), 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Boy, there's nothing to say to Axford, he's making good pitches, but he's given up a broken bat single, a soft liner that bit the Brewers' defensive alignment in the butt, and a check swing bloop....for two runs.

The story of the Brewers' season so far...

Stubbs on 1st, Votto serves a looping line drive to right center over Weeks. No doubles defense was so deep the ball almost stopped in the OF. Hart throws it to the cutoff, Stubbs slows up at third and then heads home with no throw, SS and 2nd were not prepared to throw it in. Almost like they were surprised Stubbs would go home.

Broken bat, 2 out single by Stubbs. Votto hit a short double just over Weeks' glove that kind of died in right field, Hart took a while to get to it and the throw in was awful and there was no relay home. Stubbs scored. Another blooper and Votto scores. All this after 5 straight k's from Brewer pitchers.

Can't really look back on that Votto hit anymore although Hart should've been able to hold Stubbs at 3rd, because Phillips would've just driven in 2 anyway with that single. So really it comes down to the fact that Phillips got lucky with that blooper. Although there's probably a chance they could've thrown out Stubbs at home after the debacle, but that's not a guarantee.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Should've just left Greinke in for the 9th. He clearly wasn't tiring with 3 K's in the 8th, and it's not like Conrad stood a chance against Chapman anyway.

My thoughts exactly. Just didn't say anything because I didn't want to open a can of worms. Poor Zackkk...what a performance today.

Should've just left Greinke in for the 9th. He clearly wasn't tiring with 3 K's in the 8th, and it's not like Conrad stood a chance against Chapman anyway.

My thoughts exactly. Just didn't say anything because I didn't want to open a can of worms. Poor Zackkk...what a performance today.

I also believe this because the top of the order was coming up, and Zack had that whole lineup confused. Could've gotten out of the 9th, and then put Ax in for the 10th if we hadn't won the game.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I also believe this because the top of the order was coming up, and Zack had that whole lineup confused. Could've gotten out of the 9th, and then put Ax in for the 10th if we hadn't won the game.

That's not really fair to say after the fact. If Greinke gives up a run in the 9th we would have a bunch of people questioning that decision as well. They would say, 'he hasn't pitched that deep into a game in a long time, of course he's tired, we have 2 'closers' why didn't we use them?'

Archived