Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Sign Tommy Manzella

He was the Astros opening day shortstop in 2010. I would assume that once he gets back into the groove, he will be brought up and then Gonzalez' 60-day DL would open a spot on the 40-man. I am assuming that is correct.

We can leave this thread here in the major league forum based on Manzella's prior MLB experience, although we realize for now it's a minor league deal and perspective.

My apologies (again).

I saw the move as a need filler on the MLB side, seeing how he has major league experience. That is how I interpreted the signing. And I agree on Josh Wilson comment. Josh had to have had better numbers than Manzella. Plus Manzella is 29 I believe and picked up and dropped by a couple of teams.

Just for reference, here are some impressive Zips projections:

Manzella: .220/.269/.312

Izturis: .244/.286/.300

Maysonet: .232/.283/.310

Edit: FWIW, Gallardo's career line is .209/.247/.373

Oh dear.

Oh that's awful. It's like the clone machine got turned on but spelled the names all wrong. There has to be something better out there. I wouldn't mind poor offense if the defense was stellar. But you can't provide average D and no offense.

Archived