Brewer Fanatic

Setting the bar. (Kent Meyer Bobblehead.)

Verified Member

Now I'm looking forward to seeing this guy. But of course we're in the family section so I won't be able to support him financially..

There used to be a beer vendor at County Stadium with a big, booming voice who used to get the whole section into his spiel. I don't remember his name, but he concluded his call with "Nooo Old Style!!". He was a lot of fun.

Though don't let that little reminiscence bury the lead, which is that you, Hawing, go to a Brewers game and you eat a baked potato? That's a far greater crime than someone selling a bobblehead made to look like themselves!

But the potatoes are so good! The potato ladies are also quite nice. And I know of at least two other BF.net posters who partake of them. And one of the combinations they offer is BBQ Beef Brisket (like seemingly every other stand in MP).
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The baked potatoes are one of my favorite items to get (and also IMO one of the best deals as far as how much you get for your money). Unfortunately, they are also by far the most unhealthy baked potatoes I've ever eaten.

As far as the selling of the bobbles, if someone is willing to pay the money, then I see no problem with two people entering into what they both see as a mutually beneficial transaction. The only people whose opinion should really matter on the issue are (a) the Brewers, if giving away the bobbles was an explicit part of the deal (not just implied/expected) and the Iceman decided to sell one or more, and (b) the Iceman himself who gave out these bobbles to family and friends.

From what I understand the seller here in most peoples minds is Kent. The Brewers apparantly gave a bunch of bobbleheads to give away to family, friends and customers as a thank you. It just seems tacky to be selling them on ebay instead.

If he horded all of them, and sold them all(Instead of handing them out) then i agree it seems tacky. What if he DID give away most of them to his friends, family, ect, and is just selling the leftovers? I don't see a problem with that.

Does Kent have any bobbles and how much would he sell one for?

Wait, wouldn't that be considered "tacky" to sell them to you?

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

i chatted w the iceman at spring training early march. he was just mentioning that his niece sold hers for about $400 and a collector had mentioned to him that these might eventually be worth $1000 each. the beer vendor is certainly aware that these are valuable memorabilia - his vanity bobble. really cool piece!! i wish i wouldve known about the auction, doubt i wouldve been in the top 3 bidders though.

I think any collector that thinks they might be worth 1000 each probably has one and just trying to get the market up higher. I can't imagine it going for much more than the Attanasio one.

Either way, that's why I was irked that they didn't make a mass bobble of him. He won the fan voting contest, deserved the bobble, but since the fans voted him in, shouldn't they get one of their favorite vendor? Makes no sense to give away that stupid bottle than one of Kent himself. Miller Lite coulda still sponsored it, and got their name out there. Nothing you can do I guess. I just doubt i'll ever own one.

You know, there's minimum order quanities for all of these bobbles. I don't know about BD&A, but AGP has a minimum of like 1008 pieces per order. I wouldn't be surprised to find out they have boxes of these sitting in one of those pillars at Miller Park. And probably sitting right next to the leftover boxes of Attanasio's.

• 1 month later...

Same seller has now sold 2 of them on ebay. 1st one went for $380, last one went for $360.

Could be schill bidding, but it doesn't look like it...

Really curious how anyone could have 2 or more of them though.

That is just way more than I can justify paying for a bobblehead........If I'd like to stay married that is...

*nervous laugh*

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived