Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-07 Reds (Arroyo) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That strike 3 pitch to Aoki was either right on the corner or damn close to it. If a Brewer pitchewr had thrown it I would have expected it to be called a strike by a good umpire.

Ump has been bad but no need to complain about every call Rock.

That call, or that type of pitch to a right handed hitter has been called a ball. Same spot of the plate, just on the other side. If it's a strike, call it both sides of the plate all night long. I don't mind big zones, but just keep the calls consistent.

Verified Member
Roenicke, get a damn clue and sit Rickie down!!

I have been struggling with whether or not to cut him form my fantasy teams... He just sits there on my bench and takes up a roster space.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Continue to be amused by my 9th grade daughter. She wasn't watching the game, but she just walked through when BA announced Manny Parra was warming in the pen.

She paused for just a beat and said "Oh yay. Manny Parra" about as deadpan as possible. She then went about her business.

She may be too much of a cynic. Either that or she needs a front office job.

End of regulation in the Rangers/Caps game was nice, if you're a Rangers fan. Yes, I'm having a tough time staying focused here.

I have been struggling with whether or not to cut him form my fantasy teams... He just sits there on my bench and takes up a roster space.

I can't do it. Not only do I start him every game, but I can't bench him for fear he'll get hot. Fortunately one of my leagues measures OPS so he's not totally killing me. But in my other league they measure OBP and errors so.....I'm lucky I have a good pitching staff, LOL.

Maybe Ish should stay at 1B and Green should take over for Rickie. At least for a game.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Aoki hasn't really impressed either thus far. Usually puts up tough at bats, but there not so much. Why do I keep watching?

I think he needs some consistent at-bats to really get going. He was an everyday starter for years in Japan and now his playing time is sporadic. I'd really like to see him get the bulk of starts in CF while Gomez is out to see what he can actually do with some consistent playing time.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

How can a whole team go into a prolonged slump at the same time?

I mean outside of Braun and the catcher position it has been mediocre to brutal for most of the season in CF, 2nd, 3rd, 1st, and SS. Even Hart is in one of his cold streaks at the wrong time.

Cutting Weeks is what a bad fantasy manager does at this point in the season, don't be a bad fantasy manager. It is still extremely early, about 50% of the guys people are worried about will have completely normal seasons or even good seasons at this point.

I don't think the heart of our order scares anyone right now. I hate how much it feels like I'm watching them just go through the motions out there when they're scuffling, even though I know (or at least hope) that isn't the case. The fan in me would like to see someone blow up over a bad call and get run, just so I know they still care. Cheap thrills I guess, if nothing else.

Archived