Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-07 Reds (Arroyo) at Brewers (Estrada), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 07 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (13-14) | Brewers (12-16)[/h2][h3]FSN HD | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/reds/arroyo-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/estrada-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-1, 3.03 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Arroyo has pitched well of late but has also been bothered by a sore lower back. He said it did not affect him during Tuesday's outing vs. the Cubs, but it could be something to watch out for in future outings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-1, 3.71 ERA, 1.12 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Estrada starts for the first time since April 28, meaning that he'll go nine days between starts instead of the usual four. This will be his third game in place of injured lefty Chris Narveson, who is out for the season.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Zack Cozart
  2. CF Drew Stubbs
  3. 1B Joey Votto
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips
  5. RF Jay Bruce
  6. 3B Scott Rolen
  7. LF Chris Heisey
  8. C Ryan Hanigan
  9. P Bronson Arroyo

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Norichika Aoki
  2. 2B Rickie Weeks
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. C Jonathan Lucroy
  7. 1B Travis Ishikawa
  8. SS Cesar Izturis
  9. P Marco Estrada

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be interesting to see how RR lines them up today. Bronson gave up like 46 homers last year. I can't stand the guys delivery, but somehow he can be effective. Would love to see Taylor get another shot. Maybe give him a shot at second tonight and give Weeks one of those wonderful off days to help him figure things out.

This team needs a series win in a bad way. Not to stop a losing streak, but to get some good karma back in the clubhouse.

The bottom of the order reminds me of 2002:

ZiPS Rest-of-Season Projections:

Ishikawa: .225/.297/.364/.661

Izturis: .244/.286/.300/.586

Wow, my mistake. That is actually much worse than what the 2002 team did in those spots:

2002 Team Results by Batting Order:

Batting 7th: .258/.326/.400/.726

Batting 8th: .215/.280/.324/.604

Now I know that Ishikawa should do better than that against a RH starter but still. He is our starting first basemen!

Between the SS/1B situation, Estrada starting, the Brewers recent struggles and the crummy weather, I am so not excited about going to today's game. They are huge dogs. +185 money line... Reminds me of..... well 2002.

Where's Ben Sheets from a decade ago when you need him?

As Dr. Zorba Paster* might say, "Stay well!"

http://www.eaglestalent.com/uploaded_files/images/speakers/1803.jpg

*a Madison physician who has a public radio call-in show.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Verified Member

If I have to watch a team with guys like Ishikawa and Izturis starting every day, I am going to throw up... Basically, we give up 3 innings of hitting each game with these clowns occupying a uniform.

If we do this for even a month, then make a switch, some how, some way, it's too long.

This is depressing.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Musical chairs at 1B and CF, this is getting old already. Stick with Green at 1B and Aoki in CF, is that too much to ask? I beg you new Macha.

Agreed! I've tried so hard to like Roenicke and I've given him many second (and third, and fourth) chances (see starting Kotsay in CF, EVER) but if he now refuses to start Green consistently at 1st I am done with him. Even if he was dead set on starting Ishikawa at 1st tonight, NOBODY could benefit more from a day (or three) off right now than Weeks, so he easily could've started Green there. I'm so beyond frustrated with Roenicke right now, and I have been one of the more neutral people in regards to him on here.

Not to make matters worse for tonight's ticketholders, but part of me would rather see Ishikawa in the outfield so Ryan can rest. The Brewers are close enough to having injuries derail the 2012 season (I know, some of you think it's already enough, and that may yet prove to be the case), but if Ryan's Achilles goes, so go the Brewers.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't mind a big zone, but it's got to be a big zone that the pitcher is hitting intentionally, rather than the pitcher making a bad pitch and then the ump bailing him out with seemingly arbitrary calls. I guess if it goes both ways that lessens the impact a bit, but it seems like Arroyo is getting bailed out here to a greater degree than Estrada will be.

I agree GormanHarvey. I don't know which was worse but those were the 2 worst I've seen all year. Estrada's not getting those either.

Where's Sveum when we need him? He'd be riding this guy and probably tossed by now.

Archived