Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-06 Brewers (Marcum) at Giants (Cain), 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3, 11 innings]

Verified Member

I feel bad watching Chris Davis (a DH) try to pitch the 17th for the O's against the Red Sox. He has a 3-run lead and it feels like it's an auto-loss.

EDIT: And he strikes out Adrian Gonzalez the forces a DP.

EDIT 2: Thanks, MLB Network for not going split screen with the Brewers like you said you would.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
I'm not the biggest fan of Loe, but Dillard flat out sucks

Seems to me that Loe is actually pretty good as long as he doesn't have to face lefties on a regular basis. Dillard does kind of suck.

Yeah, one thing I really like about Roenicke is that he is willing to PH for guys late in the game and figure out the defense later, so to speak. I'd rather play the bottom of the 9th with a pastrami sandwich at SS than never make it that far in the first place.

if only he would do this with his pitchers.

ugggggghhhh, that's frustrating

Dillard needs to not be on the team.

I tried suggesting this in the roster construction thread and several people responded to say it was no big deal that Dillard is on the roster because he is just a mop up guy, and that he wouldn't see playing time in close situations. Dillard has been in several close games since then, always doing a bad job because he is not a major league pitcher, and here he is literally giving away a tie game. It seems to me the Brewers have some talented starters in AAA (Peralta/Rivas/Fiers) who could make decent relief pitchers this year rather than letting these schlums give away games.

Yeah, one thing I really like about Roenicke is that he is willing to PH for guys late in the game and figure out the defense later, so to speak. I'd rather play the bottom of the 9th with a pastrami sandwich at SS than never make it that far in the first place.

if only he would do this with his pitchers.

ugggggghhhh, that's frustrating

Yeah, that is kind of funny. Logically shouldn't you pretty much always want to make sure your best 2 relievers get into an 11+ inning game? That's a lot of talent left on the bench.

there is zero excuse for using dillard there. either leave loe in (7 pitches) or put in Ax. i usually hold off on blaming managers, but that was dumb, dumb, dumb, and it cost the team the game.

not getting this call certainly doesn't help, but Dillard was in some trouble no matter what.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/cache/location.php-pitchSel=457422&game=gid_2012_05_06_milmlb_sfnmlb_1&batterX=87&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3.gif

Can anyone explain to me why Loe wasn't brought back out?

Seriously. I don't understand our manager at all.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

My guess would be that this was his 3rd game pitching in a row even if the pitch counts were low in the other 2. At some point you just have to use other pitchers and since we don't have many reliable guys it is going to mean bad matchups at times.

Archived