Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-06 Brewers (Marcum) at Giants (Cain), 3:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3, 11 innings]

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do announcers say "not sure where that missed" when it it pretty clear where the pitch missed?

It missed outside, Rock. It was really, really, really close, but you know exactly where it missed.

Why do announcers say "not sure where that missed" when it it pretty clear where the pitch missed?

It missed outside, Rock. It was really, really, really close, but you know exactly where it missed.

it looked like a strike to me. either way it was closer than the next pitch that corey got called out on.

Awesome. Was just saying this.

Another announcer pet peeve of mine:

Even if a ball is clearly off the plate or down in the zone, Schroeder often says that it "got too much of the plate" or "he left it up in the zone". Don't these guys watch replay? Why doesn't he just say something like "Greinke kept the ball down but Yuniesky Betancourt was still able to pull that fly ball to shallow left"

All these looking strikes are really starting to piss me off. At least make an attempt.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Archived