Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Gomez expected to go on DL with Hamstring Injury

I'd actually prefer they call up Taylor Green. He's been raking the last few weeks. Gindl has really struggled at the plate so far this season (batting just .191), and Schafer just plain isn't as valuable of a hitter as Green. We already have 2 CF's in Morgan & Aoki, and Conrad has played OF in the minors before...

With Braun's achilles and the Brewers not being certain how long that injury might linger, they would almost for sure bring up an OF, and Logan Scafer makes the most sense. At least Schafer is an upgrade defensively over Aoki & Morgan

(edited to spell "Schafer" correctly!)

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I like Green, but I'd rather not see Conrad play in the OF at the major league level, lol.

Almost certain to be Schafer or Gindl. After a healthy 2011 though, this team is getting hit by the injury bug early and often. Luckily, nobody they can't live without so far. But then again, the guys they would really miss are mostly all underperforming to this point.

Hopefully this team begins to hit their stride soon.

I hope everyone else stays healthy. Perhaps it is time for Melvin to start looking around for some help... a veteran guy who can play corner OF/1B.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvdWCoAQUHefObv-dFwgTwKPVsSDl5b8N-EOAUTwuLMU8Lujws

Seriously this sucks. I hope this just isn't one of those naggy hamstring injuries that ends up being 6-8 weeks. Luckily they have OF depth. Perhaps start Aoki in CF against LHP, Morgan and some Aoki against RHP, and have them each fill in for Hart/Braun if need be. This probably also cuts down the possibility of Hart going to 1B, at least for now.

Edit: I fail at adding images.

I'd actually be in on Kotsay at this point. I'm more than a little worried about Braun, I wouldn't be surprised if this issue lingered for the next several weeks. Let's just hope that Weeks, Ramirez, Hart and Gonzalez stay healthy or things will get ugly.

I think extra concern about Braun's injury is very legit. I'm actually surprised he's in the lineup today. An Achilles injury really needs to fully heal or it could linger for weeks, even months

I wonder when the Brewers will ever figure out that Ryan Braun at 1B makes the most sense, saving the wear and tear on his legs from running in the outfield (yes I realize this particular injury happened on the basepaths)

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I think extra concern about Braun's injury is very legit. I'm actually surprised he's in the lineup today. An Achilles injury really needs to fully heal or it could linger for weeks, even months

I wonder when the Brewers will ever figure out that Ryan Braun at 1B makes the most sense, saving the wear and tear on his legs from running in the outfield (yes I realize this particular injury happened on the basepaths)

I think Roenicke's hope is to get the best matchup he can today (Bumgarner it may be, but Braun and others hit LHP very well), try to steal one, then give Braun tonight and the day off tomorrow to get ready for a big series against the Reds on Monday.

It could be a lingering injury though, you're right. But I think more players play through these types of injuries than we know. Just a matter of playing it day-to-day.

yeah it would be very tough for any MLB manager to sit Ryan Braun vs a LHP if there is any chance at all that he can play. A career .338 BA and .627 SLG % (!) vs LHP is pretty difficult to ignore

yeah it would be very tough for any MLB manager to sit Ryan Braun vs a LHP if there is any chance at all that he can play. A career .338 BA and .627 SLG % (!) vs LHP is pretty difficult to ignore

That, and you have Matt Cain tomorrow. To me, it feels like one of those "let's try and win the series today, then we don't need the game tomorrow".

Of course you want to win both, but if the plan is to sit Braun tomorrow (unless he's feeling a lot better), than you're probably not expecting to go out and beat Matt Cain.

I don't think Gomez on the DL hurts anywhere near as much as Gonzalez, Gamel, or Narveson. CF is the one position where we have a lot of depth. Plus the manager was starting to misuse Gomez anyway.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I don't think Gomez on the DL hurts anywhere near as much as Gonzalez, Gamel, or Narveson. CF is the one position where we have a lot of depth. Plus the manager was starting to misuse Gomez anyway.

Gomez is probably the best player. 2 wins last year in apart time role is big. That said if this is a 3 week thing it won't really matter.

Most of his value was from defense though so while Morgan and Aoki will not match that they can come close so even over a full season not having Gomez wouldn't amount to a big loss.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived