Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-04 Brewers (Greinke) at Giants (Lincecum), 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-4]

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There has been very little bashing of Gomez. Just the manager for not using him properly. Gomez is what he is at this point. A very good defender with no plate discipline as a hitter.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Amazing how much bashing of Gomez there has been on this board when he makes an out when he's been ond of our best players thus far.

I think it's more because we are facing a tough righty in Lincecum and it would have made more sense to start Aoki and Morgan. And if you have to start Gomez, he needs to be lower in the order. He just doesn't get on base enough to be hitting #1 or #2.

There has been very little bashing of Gomez. Just the manager for not using him properly. Gomez is what he is at this point. A very good defender with no plate discipline as a hitter.

He is, hun? It's imossible for a 26 year old player who was rushed to the majors at an irresposible rate to improve?

Watch him through non-biased eyes. Gomez has done a much better job thus far at waiting for his pitch. Laying off those sliders down and away...

Lot of great players wouldn't have had much of a career if the powers that be declared a player who won't be 27 until next December to be incapble of changing.

Look, I'm not a Gomez apologist. I'm really not. But when I see very distinct difference in his approach to start a season, I'm going to at least give pause and see if he can keep it up before I declare that it is simply impossible and that he "is who he is."

And by the way, there's not a lot of bashing of Gomez? I'd re-read the thread and the board.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

All that said, even with my opinion being withheld on Gomez's seeming resurgence or the lightbulb possibly going on, I'd still be starting Aoki and leading him off.

Again, the numbers be damned, it doesn't take much to see that he is the prototypical leadoff hitter for the Brewers.

And food for thought, what type of player is Gomez if he could take and fould off tough pitches until he got the pitch he wanted like Aoki? That could be amazing....scientists, take a little DNA from each, some from Weeks for toughness, and throw something together for us, eh?

By the way Logan, not trying to be confrontational, but I think we're writing Gomez off a little early. He looks like a diffeent guy so far this year.

I'm at least 5 months from convinced, but I am intrigued.

Honestly, Gomez had like 2 or 3 good games the first week of the year, and has been back to being himself the last few weeks. Including tonight's game, he's walked twice in 53 plate appearances.

I apologize if this has already been touched on, but do we know the nature of Braun's injury yet?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I actually questioned whether our offense was better than the giants (currently not talent wise) and it made me very sad
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Archived