Brewer Fanatic

2012-05-02 Brewers (Gallardo) at Padres (Suppan), 5:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

Pretty sad when it was more enjoyable to watch my wifes co-ed softball game tonight than Yo pitching against Suppan and the Padres. I'm not delclaring this season over yet, but this team needs a Brut slap big time and quick. They are playing uninspired ball and this can't go on.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this was pretty much the nightmare scenario. Ishikawa sure made us all forget Gamel.

On the plus side I got to see the game from Dave Winfield's dugout seats with Winfield, his agent, and one of my colleagues who has been friends with his agent since jr. high. He is very personable and was very gracious with everyone who came by at the ballpark and at the hotel bar afterwards. Met Trevor afterwards too. Took a lot of the sting out of the loss, especially since the dugout seats are all you can drink.

Frustrated and embarrassed by our performance today.

Suppan was getting knocked around to the tune of a 12+ ERA by AAA hitting. He didn't really throw any pitches today that made you think he was any better than that.

It was humiliating.

He made one start in AAA this year. Be as disappointed as you want but that's no excuse to mislead people.

He has a 5.4 ERA ZiPS projection. His fastball averaged 86-87 MPH today . He's has #6/#7 starter material I would guess. It's a shame we needed our joke of a backup 1B and our pitcher to come up with big hits with the bases loaded earlier in the game.

Lets try to not be like the dumb analysts on TV here, Suppan did not pitch a good game. If not for a couple hard hit balls right at guys with the bases loaded he could have easily given up 5 or 6 runs. It absolutely stinks that we lost to Suppan and that for the 2nd day in a row we couldn't buy a hit with RISP but he looked pretty terrible too.

Frustrated and embarrassed by our performance today.

Suppan was getting knocked around to the tune of a 12+ ERA by AAA hitting. He didn't really throw any pitches today that made you think he was any better than that.

It was humiliating.

He made one start in AAA this year. Be as disappointed as you want but that's no excuse to mislead people.

He has a 5.4 ERA ZiPS projection. His fastball averaged 86-87 MPH today . He's has #6/#7 starter material I would guess. It's a shame we needed our joke of a backup 1B and our pitcher to come up with big hits with the bases loaded earlier in the game.

No, he made two starts in AAA. He had two, not one, really, really atrocious starts in AAA. If you're going to accuse me of misleading people, at least accompany it with non-misleading information.

No, he made two starts in AAA. He had two, not one, really, really atrocious starts in AAA. If you're going to accuse me of misleading people, at least accompany it with non-misleading information.

My (honest) mistake on the number of starts but he's pitched a grand total of 6-2/rd innings in AAA this year. If you are suggesting you weren't purposely exaggerating, sure, OK.

And I agree with Edner, I don't think Suppan pitched good at all. Anything can happen over 5 IP though. I can appreciate why it's hard for some fans to stomach him blanking the Brewers over 5 IP but I don't think it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things. There are always plenty of gut wrenching losses and inspiring wins over the course of 162 games.

I think that we can look at Soup's body of work over the past 3 years. He had a WHIP over 1.4 and a BAA of .283 in a full AAA season last year. He hasn't held MLB hitters under a clip of .300 BAA since 2008 (.298). Any way you slice it, this was an embarrassing offensive display by the Brewers yesterday with few hard hit balls and fewer hits against a guy that they should have teed off on.

Suppan looked pretty good in the 1st. Strike 3 to Weeks may not have exactly been a strike but it was a good pitch and he pitched Braun pretty well. After that not so much. There weren't any Brewer fans there who were happy to see him go.

Archived