Brewer Fanatic

2012-04-30 Brewers (Wolf) at Padres (Wieland), 9:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3; 3 HR, 3B, 6 RBI for Braun]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, he's 4 total bases away from the single game record.

(Which was held by Joe Adcock before this game)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Nice job by Gamel coming off the bag a couple times tonight and slapping the tag on the batter as he ran by

Player of the game

Was that what I was saying? It was just an observation. I praised Braun plenty throughout this thread.

Nice job by Gamel coming off the bag a couple times tonight and slapping the tag on the batter as he ran by

Player of the game

Was that what I was saying? It was just an observation. I praised Braun plenty throughout this thread.

You are interpreting tone over the internet. I was joking

Unsung Hero:

Kameron Loe, 5 batters, 6 outs, 21 pitches.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

My mistake then. I know people have been pretty over sensitive when it comes to Gamel on this site. I like Gamel as much as the next, but I'm not one that's gonna over react when Ishikawa gets a start here n there, especially when Gamel is banged up.

Well as Ueck would say, how about that one folks? The most fun Brewer game I've been to since the Nieves no-hitter 25 years ago. Petco is pretty good to Braun; he had his first HR there in his first series in 07. First 3 homer game there for anyone, and on a night when everything hit to the outfield pretty much went there to die and no one else got one out. It didn't look until the last second (ball 4 to Morgan was pretty close) like he'd get the last AB and the crowd (including, finally, the Pads fans) got into it and . . . almost.

Not much to add to the play by play above. Agree on how good Loe looked. Roenicke again let the P bat and then pulled him before he got another out but the situation tonight was much different than Saturday's and it was the right move this time even though it didn't work out. Wolf leaving Wieland and Denorfia out there in the 3d w nobody out was huge and seemed to turn the game around just like Garcia getting left out there was followed by a 3 run inning yesterday. The play at the plate was also big since if he's in there Bartlett scores on the GO and the Pads are back up. Braun got boos before the first 2 ABs but the crowd was so small (16K) they were pretty much neutralized by the Brewer fans, especially where we were a few rows behind the Brewer dugout. Before the 3d AB a guy behind us started a staaaair-roid cheer but nobody joined and then Braun hit the 3d deck in left and the guy was quiet the rest of the way. Pads fans got chippy again when Braun came up in the 7th and weren't happy that Frieri didn't work around him. Guzman Kd twice in row on 6 pitches and was a foul tip away from 3 Ks on 9.

Going back on Wednesday.

Verified Member
I wonder if 3 HR + a triple is more rare than 4 HR.

It sounds like there are about 12 Padres fans left.

TH wrote that Braun and Fred Lynn are the only guys to do it in the last 50 years.

Good stuff sdcheezhd. They kept showing a group of guys on TV down behind the dugout down the 3d base line. It sounded like a fair number of Brewers fans, you could hear almost as much cheering as boos for Braun. Probably more due to the sparse crowd. He's going to get lit up in LA...hope he can respond the same way

What do you mean "lit up?" As in booed? He is going to get booed everywhere. He would have got booed regardless of the off-season allegations, in LA, because Kemp probably should have gotten the MVP last year. I think everyone would have expected that going in. But isn't LA a place to be seen? Do they really have fans there?

I fell asleep in the 6th. Friggin West Coast trips get me every time. I think the Crew needs a series against a weaker opponent to get back into the swing of things. Pitching against them has been tough to date. Perhaps this series gets Braun back on a roll.

Well as Ueck would say, how about that one folks? The most fun Brewer game I've been to since the Nieves no-hitter 25 years ago.

I'm happy you got to see something good, sdcheezhd. :)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived