Brewer Fanatic

2012-04-30 Brewers (Wolf) at Padres (Wieland), 9:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3; 3 HR, 3B, 6 RBI for Braun]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 30 | 9:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (10-12) | Padres (7-16)[/h2][h3]FSN HD | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/padres.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/wolf-05.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/padres/wieland-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-2, 7.17 ERA, 1.78 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Padres | Game Log[/h3][h3]Wolf was inconsistent in his first four starts but fared much better against the Astros last Tuesday. The southpaw allowed two earned runs on four hits, struck out four and walked four over six innings and earned his first victory of the season.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-3, 4.76 ERA, 1.29 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Manager Bud Black said Wieland, 22, has looked more comfortable in each start. He allowed two runs in six innings against the Nationals in his third major-league start Wednesday. He gave up no runs in the first inning for the first time this season.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. 1B Mat Gamel
  7. SS Alex Gonzalez
  8. C George Kottaras
  9. LHP Randy Wolf

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Chris Denorfia
  2. LF Jesus Guzman
  3. 3B Chase Headley
  4. C Nick Hundley
  5. 2B Orlando Hudson
  6. CF Cameron Maybin
  7. 1B Yonder Alonso
  8. SS Jason Bartlett
  9. RHP Joe Wieland

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heading to Petco in about half an hour. I have my homework assignment from hawing and will post the report late tonight. Anyone else going? If so look for us in section 108, near HP towards the Brewer dugout (I have a '72 Brewer jersey; my daughter has #10 in honor of, oh well). There were lots of Brewer fans in that area last year so hope that's the case again.

9:05 central games suck. They suck even more when you live in the Eastern time zone.

I'm feeling a big night from Wolfottoras. By that, I mean 17 warning track flyouts from Wolf and 2 BB's from ottoras.

I'm feeling good about Wolf in Petco against the Padres. Now who is this Wieland guy?

Er, um, he's a rookie. :(

9:05 PM starts are not the ideal for those of us with Central or Eastern day jobs. Still, there is something comforting about falling asleep with Ueck's call. Come on, Brewers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Rickie Weeks needs to show up this series. We're going on 4 weeks of absolutely abysmal play from him (8 weeks if you go back to last year). He absolutely needs to get it together.
Formerly Andersoc420

Rickie Weeks needs to show up this series. We're going on 4 weeks of absolutely abysmal play from him (8 weeks if you go back to last year). He absolutely needs to get it together.

I completely agree. What sucks is he was on his way to a career year until he folded his ankle in half. He has looked horrible ever since.

Also, Maybin looks so much like Mike Cameron out there it's scary.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Matt Kemp has hit his 12th dinger tonight, crazy

This really isn't all that crazy.

Last year 2 guys hit 10 HR before May, Braun and Soriano. In 2010 Konerko hit 11. In 2008 Utley hit 11. In 2007 ARod hit 14. In 2006 8 guys hit 10+ including Albert with 14 and Shelton with 10. There are always 2 or 3 guys who run into a ton of bad pitches and have a big HR spike, when those guys are legit power hitters you expect 11-14 HR out of them.

Last year 2 guys hit 10 HR before May, Braun and Soriano. In 2010 Konerko hit 11. In 2008 Utley hit 11. In 2007 ARod hit 14. In 2006 8 guys hit 10+ including Albert with 14 and Shelton with 10. There are always 2 or 3 guys who run into a ton of bad pitches and have a big HR spike, when those guys are legit power hitters you expect 11-14 HR out of them.

It is if you predicted yourself to hit 50 HRs before the season.

Chris Shelton. He had 9 homers in the first 13 games. He had 9 more the rest of his career. Amazing.

Formerly Andersoc420

Archived