Brewer Fanatic

2012-04-29 Brewers (Greinke) at Cardinals (Garcia), 1:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

Alex Gonzalez is awesome. I love the way he came in on the grass to take the throw from Luc, anticipating that he was going to throw home shortly after.

I love Gonzo too, but that's a standard cut play on a throw to 2nd in a 1st and 3rd situation with less than 2 outs

Actually Gonzo was covering the bag, odd with a righty up there. He made the call to cut the throw off when he saw the runner on first stopped

Lucroy just said they had the throw through play on so it was all on Gonzo to do that, very nice work. We could only imagine what Yuni would have done there

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's to today being the day the pitching staff remembers it is supposed to be pretty good. In terms of key contributors Aramis is the only one who has really under performed so far. Gonzalez offensively and defensively has been pretty nice.

Alex Gonzalez is awesome. I love the way he came in on the grass to take the throw from Luc, anticipating that he was going to throw home shortly after.

I love Gonzo too, but that's a standard cut play on a throw to 2nd in a 1st and 3rd situation with less than 2 outs

Yeah, but it hasn't been that standard in a Brewers uniform for a while.

Very true

Here's to today being the day the pitching staff remembers it is supposed to be pretty good. In terms of key contributors Aramis is the only one who has really under performed so far. Gonzalez offensively and defensively has been pretty nice.

Weeks, Morgan, the bullpen to an extent? And ARam is actually starting to heat up now as he's always been a notorious slow starter.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

From the Cards point of view, they really messed up the the 5th too when they could have put it away. From my point of view, credit to Grienke and Ax. They are pretty fair players. As Ueck says, a lot happier trip to San Diego for the club today And a lot happier trip for me to Petco tomorrow.

I like the salute from Luc at 2nd ... I hope that gesture sticks

It's harder to call a salute classless. ;)

Oh man, that game ending play was nerve-wracking to hear on the radio. "And this game is...(aaah, either tied or over)...OVER!"

Having since seen the play, I understand why Bob had to pause, but gah.

See, Brewers? They're just guys, much like you. And bonus happiness - they're out of our grill until July. :)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The last play doesn't happen if Axford doesn't literally blow Freese and Yadi away. Those guys have been killing the Brewers. I'm pretty confident he blows away the next hitter too. When Axford needs to have it, he finds it and he's nearly unhittable. Mentally, he's as tough as they come too.

Oh man, that game ending play was nerve-wracking to hear on the radio. "And this game is...(aaah, either tied or over)...OVER!"

Having since seen the play, I understand why Bob had to pause, but gah.

I had the same reaction...I know Ueck is known for his occasional accidental "fake" calls but it was pure torture listening to dead air, when Bob stopped there. I literally stopped moving and breathing until Ueck finished his call.

I'm glad we were able to snag one game out this series and that hatchet guy everybody talks about....he's pretty ok, I guess

Offensively Weeks has actually under performed more so than Aramis has so far but it is so early in the season I am not even worried about it. If Weeks and Ramirez are still playing like they are come June then I will be worried about it.

The last play doesn't happen if Axford doesn't literally blow Freese and Yadi away. Those guys have been killing the Brewers. I'm pretty confident he blows away the next hitter too. When Axford needs to have it, he finds it and he's nearly unhittable. Mentally, he's as tough as they come too.

Agreed. I think we as Brewer fans take how filthy Ax is (both physically and mentally) for granted sometimes. Pretty amazing really

Archived