Brewer Fanatic

McClendon optioned to Nashville; Vinnie Chulk called up

AZBrewCrew

So how long until Chulk is gone? Or how about Dillard for that matter? I really wish Kintzler was healthy right now.

Rivas, Fiers, Peralta again, Meadows, Perez. We'll likely see all of those guys at some point. Parra isn't all that secure either.

I imagine Parra is secure with this bullpen. It's hard to know what to make of his relief appearances before this season due to the time he missed, but his relief numbers have generally been pretty solid. He's had a couple of hiccups so far this season but overall he has looked very good. 11 IP, 4 ER, 3 BB, 14 SO, obviously not in hugely important situations all the time, but still a good start for a guy who has a load of talent but just hasn't strung together much success in the majors.

I imagine Parra is secure with this bullpen. It's hard to know what to make of his relief appearances before this season due to the time he missed, but his relief numbers have generally been pretty solid. He's had a couple of hiccups so far this season but overall he has looked very good. 11 IP, 4 ER, 3 BB, 14 SO, obviously not in hugely important situations all the time, but still a good start for a guy who has a load of talent but just hasn't strung together much success in the majors.

And his WHIP is 1.55 and BAA is .326 so far

Parra has done well enough so far in my opinion. I think he's here to stay unless he drops off. Those last 2 spots will be the rotating ones. Ax, K-Rod, Veras, Loe are obviously safe all year. Parra is definitely safe for the foreseeable future as well. I'm hoping Kintzler can take one spot when he's back to full strength. I wouldn't mind seeing a lefty be brought up. Parra is more of a long-relief or multiple inning guy anyway. Stetter could end up being an option, or Perez as well.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Manny Parra's position in the Brewers bullpen isn't safe. Based on some recent comments (I forget which Js article it was) from RR when he said "Manny Parra needs to produce", lead me to believe that if Parra doesn't start producing he will be traded or let go. I also want to add that Manny Parra doesn't have the mental strength to pitch well on a consistent bases. He has a very hard time getting ahead in the count consistently and that's always been his problem. I'm ready for a new era without Parra.
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

When I hear the name Vinnie Chulk,,,,I think of the time some actress (Cameran Diaz maybe) made an appearance at the ballpark, threw out the first pitch, shook hands......Chulk approached her and asked her if she wanted his autogrpah. Funny stuff!

Yeah, just cycle through them all until you hopefully find one that is competent. Guys like Dillard, McClendon, and Chulk are basically just human white flags, anyhow.

Talent should be dictating this type of move. Wily Peralta to the rotation, Estrada in the bullpen. Oh, but Peralta is "nervy" -- can't have someone being "nervy", gotta go with AAAA arms who just stink without being "nervy". (<-- last sentence aimed at RR, not you brettac1)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yep a BABIP of .467 will do that. His tERA is 3.67. He's been unlucky.

Without looking it up, I'm pretty sure Parra has always carried a higher than normal BABIP. I'm not so sure its bad luck anymore, though I'm certainly not saying he should be kicked off the team.

Which makes it so disappointing that Braddock did whatever he did to fall out of the organizational love. But honestly, a right hander with great off-speed stuff can be just as effective as a loogy. With Parra, his struggles were all mental. He obviously has great natural stuff, when he is on. But the fact is, is that he has never been on consistently enough to be productive. The Brewers won't part ways with him because they are afraid that he will actually live up to the potential with another team, when he could have done it with the Crew. I have heard people reference De La Rosa. But let's be honest, who on here was a fan of Jorge? I for one think that the organization needs to start looking at quality RIGHT NOW rather than putting up with an average reliever. In a season when you could lose 60% of your starting rotation, you need to win when you can. Bring up guys that will help you win now. Don't wait for talent to pan out on the MLB roster. Just my opinion though.

Parra isn't going anywhere because the Brewers would have to give up on him to send him down. He's out of options, and someone would give him a shot on the waiver wire (what does a team like Houston or Seattle have to lose?). The only way Parra loses his spot in the bullpen is if he mysteriously develops "back spasms" and needs a DL trip and rehab assignment.

(Parra's) out of options, and someone would give him a shot on the waiver wire (what does a team like Houston or Seattle have to lose?)

a 25-man roster spot and responsibility for the remainder of parra's $1.2 million salary.

Archived