Brewer Fanatic

Tigers release Brandon Inge

Madtown343

I know he has struggled, and Ish has homered in back to back starts, but wouldn't Inge be a nice bench bat?

Plays 2b, 3b, I believe catcher, and likely could man 1b as well. Has some solid experience and some pop from the right side.

Plus he's 35 years old. I read where Hall recently said he'd be open to playing in AAA. He just didn't want to play for Yanks team because they have weird schedule due to stadium renovations.

I suppose signing either Inge or Hall to play at AAA initially would be low risk moves. I don't think the bench imbalance has hurt the team though to this point.

I think Hall signed a AAA deal with the Orioles.

I wouldn't have minded seeing the Brewers giving him a shot at shortstop in Nashville to see if he could still handle it there. It's not like he would have been blocking anyone. If these guys keep bringing Gibbons back, Billy must have really burned his bridges not to be able to get a minor league gig.

Archived