Brewer Fanatic

Weird Stuff That Really Happened...

splitterpfj

I was at that game that ended Molitor's streak. I can't remember if I booed Manning, but I remember everything else about that day including the weather.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I remember listening to the game on the radio. Molitor (my favorite player, btw), had 4 chances. The only way Molitor gets another chance would be if Manning walks, but if I remember right, the pitcher was going after Manning to avoid Molitor. Funny quote from Manning:

''Normally, I would hit into a double play in that situation,'' said Manning.

The Pete Rose stat for grass/turf is statistically amazing...

The reason I remember it so well (other than the significance of the streak), is that I was in college and I was taking a hot date to the game (a girl I had been after since High School). It rained all day and I spent most of the day watching the radar chanel on cable (remember when they had that?) praying that it would stop and that they would play. The crowd for that game was not what it should have been because of the lousy weather that day.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The game was a Saturday night, correct? Almost positive that I was at a gathering that evening with the game on a boombox and it was pretty late when Manning got the hit. From what I remember, the Brewers had pretty much fallen out of the race by that point (and then made another push in September due to the Detroit(?) collapse), so the Molitor streak was paramount to whether the Brewers won or not.... he was usually pretty obliging in getting hits pretty early in games.

The reason I remember it so well (other than the significance of the streak), is that I was in college and I was taking a hot date to the game (a girl I had been after since High School). It rained all day and I spent most of the day watching the radar chanel on cable (remember when they had that?) praying that it would stop and that they would play. The crowd for that game was not what it should have been because of the lousy weather that day.

Forget the game, how did it go with the girl?!

Archived