Brewer Fanatic

Suggestions on places for buying a suit?

billyhallfan
I'm glad you bumped this, because I saw from the bus the other day that Bill Paul Ltd. - the place where Barry Alvarez gets his suits - is closing. It's on Monroe St. a few blocks west of the stadium. Sure, even their "going out of business" prices are probably crazy, and it's probably risky to buy from a high end place that's about to close. But Barry Alvarez, man. I was going to put that in blue, but couldn't fathom putting his name in any non-black color other than cardinal.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

ok thanks hawing I might check it out, I live over in that area (kind of) I just saw barry this week turning onto University cussing a lady out while driving a UW athletics truck...always a classy guy.

If I may go on a tangent for a moment...we live west of the stadium and work on campus, so we go by the stadium/Field House twice a day every work day, either by bus or on foot. On my walk home a few years ago, Barry peeled out of the stadium/FH/Shell parking lot in his silver Porsche convertible. He didn't almost hit me or anything, but I thought he could have been a little more cautious. Anyway, I noted his license plate number, in case I ever need it someday.

Carry on. Suits.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm feeling old, because I remember Billyhallfan the high school student on these boards.

I have nothing to add to this topic other than yeah, me too.

Rookies. If you remember it, you ain't old.

As for suits, I too always had good luck with Men's Wearhouse. Possibly the best customer service I ever received.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone care to weigh in on linen suits? I've got 4 weddings this summer, so I figure its time to take the plunge on a summer suit. Linen looks like it would be super light weight, but I don't know how bad the wrinkles get or if they are for younger people. What about something like a 50/50 blend of linen and wool?

Also, what colors are best for summer? Light grey, or the typical tan linen?

I have no opinion on the linen suit, sorry.

However, I just purchased a custom, made-from-scratch suit from the Silk Market in Beijing (I'm here for the next two months studying). Should be interesting to see how this works out, I pick it up Thursday. Dirt cheap for some pretty nice fabric.

Anyone care to weigh in on linen suits? I've got 4 weddings this summer, so I figure its time to take the plunge on a summer suit. Linen looks like it would be super light weight, but I don't know how bad the wrinkles get or if they are for younger people. What about something like a 50/50 blend of linen and wool?

Also, what colors are best for summer? Light grey, or the typical tan linen?

The Sonny Crockett look is cool in more ways than one (see below left).

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FURMC7f5NmI/Th9JcGrj66I/AAAAAAAAHsM/RWNWKxiiJPQ/s320/Miami+vice12.jpg

Archived