Brewer Fanatic

2012-04-24 Astros (Norris) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-6]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's sad that our backup 1B is batting 8th even with the platoon advantage but I will certainly take that HR!

Not relevant today but Gamel can hit 6th everyday too. He is hitting lefties at a better clip than RHP.

We can certainly debate where Gamel should bat in the lineup against LHP but quoting a split from less than a month's worth of AB's doesn't et us any closer to answering the question.

I usually defend Braun's defense against some of the harsher criticism, but that simply wasn't good at all. Bad angle, bad dive. I guess at the point that he dove there was nothing to lose because it was going to the wall regardless dur to the path he took.

That reminded me of the Yount catch in the no-hitter. Sort of.

Thumbs up. Quality comedic comment right there.

My brother and I used to mimic Yount's catch by catching a ball and then after a delay, diving on the bed.

I guess at the point that he dove there was nothing to lose because it was going to the wall regardless dur to the path he took.

No. That ball was going to the wall no matter what.

No way. He cut straight over on a ball he had zero chance of catching. If he angles back like he should've, its probably a single.

I guess at the point that he dove there was nothing to lose because it was going to the wall regardless dur to the path he took.

No way. He cut straight over on a ball he had zero chance of catching. If he angles back like he should've, its probably a single.

Nope. That ball was hit way too hard for him to circle around it.

Probably, but I thought he had a chance to cut it off before the wall if he took a better route. Hard to tell on TV. I don't think he ever had a shot at catching it because Carlos smoked it, but I thought he might have had a shot at saving a run.

Nice job by Wolfie to hold it to one run.

Archived