Brewer Fanatic

2012-04-24 Astros (Norris) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-6]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/astros.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 24 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Astros (6-11) | Brewers (8-9)[/h2][h3]FSN HD | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/astros/norris-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2012/pitchers/brewers/wolf-04.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-0, 4.26 ERA, 1.37 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Norris had quality starts in his first two outings, but didn't have any wins to show for them. He got plenty of run support and picked up his first win of the season Thursday in Washington, giving up four runs in six innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-2, 8.80 ERA, 1.96 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Astros | Game Log[/h3][h3]Wolf's loss against the Dodgers on Thursday counted as progress. Six days after allowing eight runs in 4 1/3 innings in Atlanta, he limited the damage to four runs in a season-high six innings at home.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]
  1. CF Jordan Schafer
  2. SS Jed Lowrie
  3. LF J.D. Martinez
  4. 1B Carlos Lee
  5. RF Brian Bogusevic
  6. 2B Jose Altuve
  7. C Chris Snyder
  8. 3B Marwin Gonzalez
  9. RHP Bud Norris

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. CF Nyjer Morgan
  3. LF Ryan Braun
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. RF Corey Hart
  6. C George Kottaras
  7. SS Alex Gonzalez
  8. 1B Travis Ishikawa
  9. LHP Randy Wolf

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, his wife said that he was taken for x-rays after the game and they all came back negative so he's likely just sore. Hopefully just a day or too, as Ishikawa in the lineup really irks me.

Wouldn't this have been a great time to try Hart out at 1b and let Aoki/Morgan/Gomez man the outfield? Weren't they going to do that anyway? I'd much rather have Hart at 1b and Morgan/Aoki in RF, than Ishikawa starting anywhere.

I don't think hart wants any part of 1B, and for now RR is respecting that. Only in an emergency should we expect to see him there. I am pleasantly surpised that as long as Ishwkawawakwka has to play, he's hitting Gorgeous George 6th. Rather unlike RR, and I like it. I do wonder if Aoki could play 1B at all? Seems athletic enough.

Also, may be in for a big dissapointment, but have a feeling Wolf has a really good start tonight.

I didn't really get that impression from Hart in ST, though he could have voiced it in private...but i seem to recall him saying he would play there if thats where the team needed him or something like that.

I didn't really get that impression from Hart in ST, though he could have voiced it in private...but i seem to recall him saying he would play there if thats where the team needed him or something like that.

Right, he's smart enough and a team player enough to make that standard statement. But I've heard he really doesn't like the idea.

Given Hart missed all of Spring Training I doubt its going to happen now. I think Hart to 1B was more in case Gamel struggled while Aoki or Gindl were killing the ball.

Any reason to think Rickie was hit intentionally?

Nothing but the collision.

Mills comments after last night's game: "My first thought, he must have had the plate blocked. And then I found out he didn’t have the plate blocked and I said, ‘C'mon, man.'"

Archived