Brewer Fanatic

Vultures

Hoops03

I thought this would be a good topic to discuss after what distasteful events took place at miller park today...I saw two guys with ENORMOUS sized garbage bags buying bobbleheads for 5 bucks from people as they walked in and HOUNDED the old ladies and little kids. One guy I saw go up to a girl no older than probably seven and talk her into switching for her retro....sick

The other guy had a bag full of 27 when the guy I went with lost count so I went up to him and asked how serious of a collector he was....his response... "I don't collect them, I just like to turn a profit off dumb people...I still got about eight talking brauns from a few years ago. I don't even open the boxes till I et home but I always get retros because I target large groups of old people or younger kids,"

Sick....

I can't believe that someone, an employee of Miller Park doesn't stop this crap from happening.

If they really wanted to stop the insanity, they would stop the retros and alternates all together, but it seems that no one really cares.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

this makes me uncomfortable. i remember as a kid being accosted by monster / profiteers. but i dont know if this action can be stopped (or should be stopped)

i wouldnt consider the ticket hustle / scalp routine much different than this game. (i suppose the economy of scale is 10% of secondary ticket market)

I know there are enough drunk people out there like my friends that also sell him broken bobbleheads for $5, so his "I don't open them" strategy is not necessarily foolproof.

What's sad, is how profitable can that even really be? With the time and effort spent selling the regular ones on eBay for maybe $5 profit/each, is it really worth it? Get a life...

"I don't collect them, I just like to turn a profit off dumb people..."

Yes, so dumb. They could have taken their toy home, spent time putting it up for sale on eBay,packing it up for shipping,going to the post office to ship it and then living large on the $10 profit they scored.

I still got about eight talking brauns from a few years ago.

...sitting in my closet making no money, just collecting dust.

I don't even open the boxes till I et home but I always get retros because I target large groups of old people or younger kids,"

...most of who are probably way more excited to see a baseball game than they are with their little toy statue that's painted differently than most of the other toy statues.

Where were the parents of the 7 year old that got taken advantage of?

Probably not caring about a toy statue with different paint on it than the other toy statues.

I don't see that much of a problem here. Yeah, if some creep is getting all up in people's stuff and violating their space and hounding them then I could see a problem. Nobody's being scammed out of their 50/50 raffle winnings here. It's really no more offensive than all the other crap that goes on in the parking lot that the Brewers don't put a stop to. Like that lady and her stupid little stickers..."pardon me I see you have an open container", "excuse me you're not partying hard enough." Go away.

I'd probably be more inclined to make fun of a grown man carrying a huge bag full of bobbleheads than anything.

It's always funny to me how much time and effort people will spend on ideas like this, when they could be running their own business or working a part time job to make way more money.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

"It's really no more offensive than all the other crap that goes on in the parking lot that the Brewers don't put a stop to. Like that lady and her stupid little stickers..."pardon me I see you have an open container", "excuse me you're not partying hard enough." Go away."

Yeah, that awful lady that volunteers her time accepting donations for the Milwaukee Hunger Task Force so less fortunate people can eat. Yeah she's terrible. I know this isn't directly related to the OP, but c'mon. I see no parallel here.

Gorman, I think they are talking about the "party police" that come around and give you "tickets" or stickers to encourage binge drinking before games.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would go after the Hunger Task Force.

Gorman, I think they are talking about the "party police" that come around and give you "tickets" or stickers to encourage binge drinking before games.

The Hunger Task Force is "the party police". Its just their icebreaker for getting donations

I don't know what it's for. She wears Brewers clothing and either on purpose or inadvertently looks like she's affiliated with the team. She comes up to tailgates and says something to one of the rubes like "Pardon me I noticed you have an open container there" once again sounding like team security or the cops or whatever. Then she gives you a sticker, thereby making you realize she's been putting you on and that of course open containers are allowed in the parking lot. And then she says something like "You're not partying hard enough" and gives you another sticker that says "Farfrompukin", like the car ad except with a stick figure of a drunk person. Then she holds up a little folder and you see that there's money in it and then she says she's collecting money. Again I don't know what for. It's duplicity and trickery and I'll have none of it.

Of course not. I can go after the way they solicit donations though, if that's who she's collecting money for. There should be a designated area for this type of thing. Of course there's a designated area for ticket resellers too but we all know how strictly that's followed.

"I don't collect them, I just like to turn a profit off dumb people..."

Yes, so dumb. They could have taken their toy home, spent time putting it up for sale on eBay,packing it up for shipping,going to the post office to ship it and then living large on the $10 profit they scored.

I still got about eight talking brauns from a few years ago.

...sitting in my closet making no money, just collecting dust.

I don't even open the boxes till I et home but I always get retros because I target large groups of old people or younger kids,"

...most of who are probably way more excited to see a baseball game than they are with their little toy statue that's painted differently than most of the other toy statues.

Where were the parents of the 7 year old that got taken advantage of?

Probably not caring about a toy statue with different paint on it than the other toy statues.

I don't see that much of a problem here. Yeah, if some creep is getting all up in people's stuff and violating their space and hounding them then I could see a problem. Nobody's being scammed out of their 50/50 raffle winnings here. It's really no more offensive than all the other crap that goes on in the parking lot that the Brewers don't put a stop to. Like that lady and her stupid little stickers..."pardon me I see you have an open container", "excuse me you're not partying hard enough." Go away.

But shouldn't those parents be keeping a better eye on their kids????? I don't care what their thoughts are on the bobbles, but letting someone come up to your daughter to talk her out of soomething and parents not aware of what is going on is the issue with me...

If someone came up to my kids in a game, talked to them long enough to make a bobble trade, you can bet I'd be all over that creep...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yeah, absolutely they should be keeping a better eye on their kids. If that's how it all went down then yes I definitely see the problem in that. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me like the OP is exaggerating slightly. Don't the boxes that they come in look the same? How did he know she had a retro? Was she walking around with it sans box? How was his buddy able to count exactly 27 bobbleheads if they were all in a garbage bag?

Are you calling me a liar?...

For one, you're clearly not one of higher intelligence to think that maybe....just maybe...lithe world has came out with transparent garbage bags in today's world....way to make yourself look dumb...

And second, don't you think that people...not just kids, might maybe....just maybe...take their bobble out to look at it!!! Idiots like you who don't think before they post need to be removed from the forum for inferior intelligence or just simply have your technology taken away before you cause more harm to yourself...

Of course not. I can go after the way they solicit donations though, if that's who she's collecting money for. There should be a designated area for this type of thing. Of course there's a designated area for ticket resellers too but we all know how strictly that's followed.

I'm not saying its the best way to go about requesting donations, and it can get a little tired if you tailgate a lot, but its for a good cause so I'm not about to rag on it or lump them in with the people described in the OP. And at least in my experience, as long as you listen to what they are saying past their little schtick, they always identify themselves and let you know they are collecting donations for the Hunger Task Force, which is located near MP. To say something negative about an organization like that is just in poor taste IMO.

Idiots like you who don't think before they post need to be removed from the forum for inferior intelligence

Says the guy who should be removed from the forum by admin because of his hostile outburst.

To say something negative about an organization like that is just in poor taste IMO.

IMO they're getting money from people who otherwise wouldn't give money, by not immediately identifying themselves as collecting money for charity, catching the mark off guard and making them feel obligated to give money because they're already in possession of the stickers that they don't feel comfortable giving back, begrudgingly (sometimes, not always) handing over money.

When people come up to me in the parking lot like that my first instinct is to think its a scam. A few years ago, people would come around selling hats for some type of charity( may have been Hunger task). I don't know if that still occurs.

I miss the guys playing the guitar, trumpet, or whatever they were playing, and would always throw in a couple bucks for that.

Our group of 8 was absolutely accosted by two guys after the game on Sunday. I seriously got in one of their faces and yelled at him to back off. He started accosting my 4 year old cousin about his bobblehead.

I even told the cops who were standing 30 feet away and they just shook it off like it was nothing.

This was not a "Hey, I'll buy your bobble for $5 if you don't want it!"

It was him aggressively approaching us, and then arguing and telling us we should just sell them because there were so many of us.

Not to mention the two kids someone had obviously put up to begging for extras we passed 200 feet later.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived