Brewer Fanatic

Benches clear at Wrigley

Sepolevne
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wasn't the wisest move by Derrek Lee. The Cubs travel to Texas next week, and they'll be missing his HR bat down in that bandbox. Anyways, isn't that the Cubs second brawl this week? They're sure a classy bunch.

I would have loved to see Big Z throw a no-hitter and lose.

A bunch of the northsidebaseball.com guys seem to think Young's comments were racial in nature.

Edit: To be fair to them, it's really mostly one guy and a bunch of dudes disagreeing with him

And a few of them seem to think it was "awesome" that Zambrano had his belt off--given that he was running around screaming and inciting with what amounts to a weapon in his hand, I still can't believe they let him pitch the rest of the ballgame.

What a child, I hate that guy.

From what I could make out from the several angles of the fight they showed on WGN, Young initially said "Sorry" and Lee replied with a "Yeah, right." Young then said something that caused Lee to throw the first punch, but there wasn't a good angle to make out what Young said to cause the incident.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Man, that team is just a disgrace.

They have the talent to be a 90-win team, but the attitude of a 60-win team.

Seriously, is there a single player on the Cubs that you'd want on the Brewers right now? Maybe Soriano?

And no, I would not want Zambrano on my team.

What is it with this Cubs team and their respective tempers? Lee isn't helping his team at all by getting ejected (then again Young got ejected too). That Russell hit the homer to win is just priceless. Branyan is the Manyan!

but the attitude of a 60-win team.

At best. I couldn't believe that when I saw Zambrano take off his belt.

That's just great for his image too (what's left of it).

That team is just a complete circus. One of their top three players decides it's a good idea to swing at the pitcher on his way to first and another of their top three players thinks it's a good idea to take off his belt and look to whip a few players on the other team.

Good thing it seems that their other best player doesn't seem all too interested in what city he's playing in so long as he's getting his paycheck.

That wasn't the wisest move by Derrek Lee. The Cubs travel to Texas next week, and they'll be missing his HR bat down in that bandbox.

He will appeal and he might be playing next week. Use to take a will for the process to take care of its self. Last year I thought they speeded it up a bit though.

Anyways, isn't that the Cubs second brawl this week? They're sure a classy bunch.

Why is this classes, because Lee didn't like being thrown at after Peavey has lipped off? It looks like this team is starting to come together and battling what ever comes their way. There have been in teams in the past that fought like this.

Yeah I really didn't get the Peavy ejection but whatever. Man was I laughing just looking at what they are calling a baseball team in Chicago right now. Tempers in the clubhouse, Lee throws an unnecessary punch IMO and Zambrano dances around like a drunken fool. Amazing to see how that team has imploded over the last few weeks emotionally. I like the "prince is more mature" comment in a previous post. No punches from the big daddy just a home run and emotion at the plate. So much more class it makes me even more proud to be a Brewer fan.

Quote:
Am i missing something? Why did Jake Peavy get tossed?

Probably because of this.

Quote:
When Cubs slugger Alfonso Soriano did a backwards strut after homering against Padres pitcher David Wells today, several Padres players found it unsportsmanlike. Among those perturbed by Soriano's flamboyance was Padres ace Jake Peavy, who was among the Padres sitting in the first-base dugout not far from Soriano as the hitter admired his homer.

"I didn't appreciate that. Just play the game," Peavy said after the Padres were defeated 4-1 at Wrigley Field. "They pay him $136 million to hit home runs. They don't pay him to be a circus act on the field. If I think a player shows me up like that, I like the next guy to take one in the stinkin' ribs."

I'm glad to see that Derrek Lee wasn't bush league like Prince Fielder was against the Pirates. Lee is a class act for sure.

I know you have it in blue, but Lee is considered a class act among the baseball community. IMO he did nothing wrong. Peavey made the comment that he thought some would be hit, and Lee wasn't going to take it. Not a Cub fan but they are showing that they are becoming a tighter team and not going take things from anyone.

If you recall Jenks was out of the dugout when Prince was knocked down. What would you think if Prince or Jenks would have gone after the Pirates that night? Jenks coming out of the dugout could be considered bush league for doing that by some.

On a different note Lee and Young you were looking at two very good basketball players in their youth. Lee turned down UNC while Young played two sports in college.

Vernhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

It was pretty clear to me that Young said (after Lee started talking too him), "Are you alright?" I am also assuming based on the smirk on his face that his tone was a bit, shall we say, sarcastic. Even if he was being a wise guy, what Lee did was beyond stupid. Fine by me. Having him out of that line-up for the better part of a week in American League ballparks works for me.

Archived