Brewer Fanatic

Benches clear at Wrigley

Sepolevne

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Young hit Lee with a high inside pitch... nothing happened immediately, but Lee seemed to express his feelings to Young as he walked to 1st... Young responded, and Lee threw a punch.

Doesn't look like any punches really landed in the initial fight, but there was a BIG tangle of people after that...

Kasper just mentioned the quote from Peavy, saying he'd hit the next batter if someone showed him up the way Soriano did on his HR yesterday.. may be relevant.

This is especially shocking considering that Lee has always been considered a "classy" guy. Out of all the players on the team who would throw a punch, he's the last person I'd expect to do this. It will be interesting to see how this impacts them with Lee's inevitable suspension.

That said, if it was intentional, do it to Soriano, not Lee.

Lee threw the first punch. He's certain to face a suspension.

It wasn't all that clear but Zambrano was mixed up in the pile and ended up with his belt off. He did not get tossed though.

Umpire should have gotten between them.

Will be very interesting to see what Zambrano does now on the mound. He's got a no-hitter going.

"...considering that Lee has always been considered a "classy" guy. Out of all the players on the team who would throw a punch, he's the last person I'd expect to do this."

Being the classiest guy on the Cubs is kind of like being the best bull-fighter in Alaska.

Dang, now they start hitting?

I thought it was funny. Lee threw the first punch against Young, who is a stick. Once Young swung back, Lee chickened out. If you watch, instead of going after Young further, he backs off. Then, takes an out-of-the way rout back at Young behind Pinella.

I'm guessing both Lee and Young get pretty lenghty suspensions.

Couldn't happen at a better time for the Brewers, with the Cubs starting to play pretty good baseball. The fact that it's Lee makes it even better.

Lee should get around 5 games, he threw the first punch and I believe it did connect.

Archived