Brewer Fanatic

Narveson to DL- Latest: Officially Out for the Year (Reply 81)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#Brewers RHP Mike McClendon has been recalled from AAA Nashville and is in uniform tonight.

Loe is going on berevenment tomorrow and i believe he was scheduled to be called up on saturday anyway. they have to call up someone tomorrow too. i don't know when wily started last but it would be nice for him to get the start tomorrow or sunday.

Mike Vassallo ‏ @MikeVassallo13:

RHP Wily Peralta is expected to be recalled from AAA Nashville tomorrow to take to roster spot of RHP Kameron Loe.

Wonder if Mike meant to type Narveson instead of Loe. His twitpic of today's lineup still has Loe available, but not Narveson. Curious. Hope Narvy's OK.

https://twitter.com/#!/MikeVassallo13/status/193430349349531648/photo/1

edit: OK, so McClendon replaces Narveson and Wily replaces Loe.

edit2: My guess is Wily starts tomorrow, his spot in the rotation gets skipped the next time due to an off day on the 26th and Narveson is eligible to return for his start on May 1st. Of course, Narvy could be out a while and if Wily looks good he'll stay, otherwise they move Estrada to the rotation.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

I'd like to see what Peralta can do as well, but I would imagine that Estrada will step in and start. There isn't really a predictable difference between Narvy, Estrada, and a rookie Peralta. Heck, throw Parra into the mix as well. They all have the capability to step in and string together some quality innings, although Narveson has been the only one to show that he can be consistent over an entire season.

If it requires surgery, it's a very tough break for Narveson and the Brewers. He's arby eligible next year and unless you count Wolf's option (which based on how he's performed so far this year isn't going to get picked up), the only other current starter under control is Yo.

With McClendon already up, I imagine he'll stick around when Loe returns.

I guess if there is a sliver lining it happened this season when there are better alternatives than last season. I don't see how they could not start Estrada after how well he did last season as a spot starter. The only argument could be how stretched out he is but I don't know if Peralta is so much more stretched out at this point.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

With Narvy out, I'm now worried about the '13 rotation. I expected Yo, Narvy, 2 of the 3 free agents, and 1 of the prospects--Rogers, Scarpetta, Peralta, or Thornburg. Now we're likely without Narvy (be realistic, rotator cuff injuries are usually 2 years, if not more, and rarely are the same ever again) we lose depth

I don't get why you don't just start Peralta; he would be on an extra days rest and he is used to starting rather than relieving. It will be interesting to see what they do once Loe comes back from bereavement. Probably just start Estrada with McClendon in the pen. I would rather see Peralta start but only because he is the up and coming prospect and I just want to watch the guy. Estrada should be fine so long as he isn't out there starting for the rest of the year; he is just a spot starter.

I am fine with either Estrada or Peralta taking Narvy's spot but I would not be fine with Peralta being recalled and thrown in the pen. This would a good chance for Peralta to get some experience while the Brewers have other guys like YO, Greinke and Marcum to help take the pressure off of him.

I guess if there is a sliver lining it happened this season when there are better alternatives than last season. I don't see how they could not start Estrada after how well he did last season as a spot starter. The only argument could be how stretched out he is but I don't know if Peralta is so much more stretched out at this point.

Of course Peralta is more stretched out at this point. He's been starting in AAA and IIRC threw 98 pitches in his last at start.

Edit-Didn't mean to be short with you there, just that yes, Peralta, having started all season long and throwing near 100 pitches a game is more stretched out than Estrada who I would doubt has gone much over 40 pitches all year long.

I think you could reasonable expect 100 pitches out of Peralta and 75 out of Estrada at this point.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

With Narvy out, I'm now worried about the '13 rotation. I expected Yo, Narvy, 2 of the 3 free agents, and 1 of the prospects--Rogers, Scarpetta, Peralta, or Thornburg. Now we're likely without Narvy (be realistic, rotator cuff injuries are usually 2 years, if not more, and rarely are the same ever again) we lose depth

Wow...jumping from the 15 day DL and possibly missing a couple starts to TWO full seasons is a bit of a leap, wouldn't you say?

A "tear," in the rotator cuff isn't the same in every situation. A strained rotator cuff is a small tear in the muscle, it's just a very minor one that doesn't warrant surgery.

My guess is the Brewers will explore this, look further into it and see if this is a short term injury, ie, a month or so of him being out of the big league rotation, or if this is a long term injury, ie, surgery. Which is still not often a 24 month recovery time. In fact, if he were to have surgery now, he'd likely be ready around ST'ing. But again, each one is so different you just don't know.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Of course Peralta is more stretched out at this point. He's been starting in AAA and IIRC threw 98 pitches in his last at start.

I was referring to how far they think Estrada can go not how far Peralta can go. If you recall Estrada was being stretched out to start with when they didn't know Marcum's status.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Hopefully Estrada makes it 3-4 strong innings and Peralta takes the mound after that and goes as far as his production allows. I think this is Roenicke trying to be easy on his top prospects by not putting the pressure of starting on Peralta and just giving him the ball after Estrada who's been there before runs out of gas. We'll see if it works out.

Archived