Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Gomez - Shortstop?

brewtown82
Obviously the bashing of the Brewers FO isn't "non-stop," ie, every single post, every single day. But it is extremely regular and often times without merit.

Look at the minor league forums, the transaction forum and the major league forums, and it's all about how the Brewers are incompetent drafting, ie, people unhappy with last years draft because we apparently went with guys who have low ceilings but high floors(not how I'd describe our two first rounders) and our general inability to develop pitching despite the fact we've got more pitching in our system than we've had in a long-long time.

I do read the MiLB forum & transaction forum, basically every day. In fact, that's where (MiLB forum) much of the support I've seen recently for the F.O. has been. It's most certainly not "all about" Brewers incompetence, and that's by no means arguing semantics. If the main thing you see, especially in the MiLB forum, is that, then we've been reading different MiLB forums. People are super-excited about the pitching you mention, & there's been plenty of praise for the F.O. for drafting well.

Like you say, the F.O. is by no means perfect, & this is a/the place where fans get to discuss alternative ideas. So of course you're going to see a lot of "bashing", this is the place for it if you want to actually have a good objective discussion. I agree that some or much of it seems to be without merit, but there's plenty of good stuff too that can be lumped in as "bashing". I don't begrudge you feeling irritated overall, but the discussion in this thread has been centered around using Gomez as an emergency SS, in the case of burning through the entire bench. I just don't see it as some huge affront to suggest that using Gomez as the emergency SS is something that DM & Co. wouldn't feel comfortable doing, or be creative enough to try (fwiw I don't even think it would be a good idea).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived