Brewer Fanatic

Best fans in baseball?!?

From the caption under the picture:

"To avoid nasty emails from diehard Ron Gant fans (they’re an edgy bunch), allow to state that we do realize that the jersey above is actually paying homage to former Cardinals OF and not a Pujols jersey modification."

I don't remember any mutilated Fielder jerseys during opening weekend.

We're not classy enough fans, we just don't get the Cardinals Way... which, btw, Pujols embodied perfectly until he signed with another team.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I don't remember any mutilated Fielder jerseys during opening weekend.

Theres a big difference those, Prince never said it wasn't about the money. Most of us knew that Prince would be gone. Puljos had said it wasnt about the money a few times. The Cardinals fans had a real legitimate hope he would stay. Instead he took the highest offer many times, used the religion card, claimed it wasnt about the money and so on.

Even I as a Brewer fan had a positive opinion of Puljos now I think he's an [expletive deleted].

(Edit: language --1992)

The reality it's only about the money in the sense that's the measure by which most players view how they are respected. It really wasn't about the money for Prince either. He was going to be fabulously wealthy no matter what. His lifestyle and that of his heirs was set even had he taken the original Brewer offer.

Prince wanted respect. In his mind size of contract determines respect. It doesn't of course, but these are athletes are quite young. There are a few Brauns that view it in a more mature way understanding that icons like Yount, Brett, Chipper etc, are basically set as heroes in the markets in which they played and forever will feel that adulation.

Archived