Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Mon. 4/16 - Thornburg & Nelson: 14.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 18 K! (Gindl hurt)

Mass Haas

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Monday's Daily Menu:

All times are Central

Nashville: RHP Michael Fiers at home vs. New Orleans (Marlins), 6:50 PM pre-game, 7:05 gametime

Free Live Audio Link

Jeff Hem is the new play-by-play voice of the Sounds; follow him on Twitter @jeffhempbp; we'll link to his blog updates at On the Air…and Off

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; all Nashville games, home and away, will be available to watch via MiLB.TV's $39.99 season-long package ($9.99 to pay for a single month). We imagine the audio feed is from the home team. All MiLB.TV details available at the link.

Huntsville: RHP Tyler Thornburg at home vs. Tennessee (Cubs), 6:28 PM pre-game, 6:43 gametime

Free Live Audio Link -- Select the Huntsville feed from the MiLB main audio page

I-Phone friendly audio link

Alex Cohen is the new play-by-play voice of the Stars; follow him on Twitter @alexmcohen. It's fantastic that Huntsville is returning to what will be a traditional broadcast format this year. All games, home and away, are scheduled to be broadcast.

MiLB.TV subsciption note: A total of 24 Stars' games (in Jacksonville and Tennessee) will be broadcast.

Brevard County: RHP Jimmy Nelson at home vs. Lakeland (Tigers), 5:35 PM gametime

Sorry, no audio for this series...

Once again this season, Brevard does not have its own audio coverage. It appears two teams in the Manatees North Division (within which the majority of games are played) have audio, and all six teams in the South Division have audio (at least for their home games), so there will be opportunities to listen to approx. 70% or Brevard's games this season, just all from the opponent's perspective. There are no Florida State League games on MiLB.TV this year.

Wisconsin: RHP Matt Miller at home vs. Burlington (Athletics), 6:15 PM pre-game, 6:35 gametime

UPDATE: Rained out; details below...

Free Live Audio Link - 1280 AM WNAM

Chris Mehring is back to do his customary fantastic work as the Voice of the Rattlers. Follow him on Twitter @CMehring; we'll link to Chris' infamous blog often -- Rattler Radio.

MiLB.TV -- for subscribers; Wisconsin is one of only two (Great Lakes) Midwest League clubs that have all their home games available via MiLB.TV; Chris' call provides the audio. So for the $39.95 season-long package, fans in Brewer Nation can watch all Sounds games, all Timber Rattlers home games, and 24 Stars' road games (one Helena series this summer, too).

I would typically want 1-2 months worth of production but when you don't walk anyone, don't allow hits, induce a bunch of GB's and K a guy per inning there is nothing left to do but be promoted.

Exactly, this is more about his ability than his stats. He's in his age-23 season, A+ hitters haven't been able to do anything at all against him, time to push him.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Time to bump DT to Huntsville.

And Thornburg to Nashville :)

I wouldn't mind that at all. If the reports on his velocity & stuff are accurate, he can work on refining his pitches at AAA just as easily as at AA.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Downhill Thunder is flat out rolling this season. If this continues he will be the first in that outstanding rotation to be booking it to Huntsville! I think this is his way to say most of us were wrong that he was a reach/bad pick and that hes not worth being considered a top 10-15. Started changin my mind in 2nd half of last year, now im convinced with my original assessment as wrong

So is it time to get super excited about Brewer pitching?!? I think so!

I was super excited before Nelson exploded. Peralta, Thornburg, Jungmann and Bradley had me excited. Now add Nelson and it is crazy to think a lot of years any of those 5 could have been the best pitcher in our system. We also have some intriguing guys like Scarpetta, Rogers, Bucci, Lopez when he starts pitch, Golforth and Gagnon.

Just give us a few bats!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I've officially gone from excited to giddy about Thornburg.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived