Brewer Fanatic

Jackie Robinson Day: Cool Tradition or Overkill?

I think they should put the names on the back of the 42s. I think they should then auction them off as kind of a buy it off their back type of deal. Teams could then donate the money to a local charity, etc.

I think it'd be nice to have a day for Jackie and then also do some good with that day. Start the bidding at $75 for a MLB game worn jersey and all would sell. That's minimum of $2,250 to give to a local charity and with stars on each team and bidding pretty easy to go up quite a bit. Just a thought.

I think they should put the names on the back of the 42s. I think they should then auction them off as kind of a buy it off their back type of deal. Teams could then donate the money to a local charity, etc.

I think it'd be nice to have a day for Jackie and then also do some good with that day. Start the bidding at $75 for a MLB game worn jersey and all would sell. That's minimum of $2,250 to give to a local charity and with stars on each team and bidding pretty easy to go up quite a bit. Just a thought.

I was pretty sure they already do something like this.

Anyway, I still think it's silly that MLB retired his number league wide, but then bring it back for one day. Seems overly commercial, IMHO.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think the Jackie Robinson jerseys are auctioned off for at least some teams, or have been in the past.

I wouldn't mind seeing names on the jerseys, for the practical value of being able to identify people - especially since Jackie Robinson Day is observed early in the season and even though I feel pretty confident in my ability to identify Brewers by sight, it's not that way for whoever they play on April 15.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived